Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.monster.ducati.com/monsterart/colour_therapy_en.html

My wife has her eyes on a entry level Monster. While she likes the standard colors, she really likes the ____ blue one (don't remember which one) offered in this program. The local dealers aren't carrying one in stock, so I was wondering what your experience has been with the ordering process.

We are still a bit away from a purchase as she just completed her first mile ever on our beater Ninja 250 I bought for her to learn on. After the MSF class and a good chunk of miles on the 250, we will see if she is ready.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I was told that they ordered form Italy, my comfy seat took 2.5 weeks to arrive at the dealer

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
An excerpt from my http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/2009/05/ducati-monster-plays-dress-up/ post. My advice be careful with the color you choose!!

Ducati offers a brilliant “Kit Monster Art” consisting of tank, mudguard, micro-bikini fairing and seat covers to enable Ducati Monster (696 and 1100) owners to ‘dress’ their bikes in 10 brand new colours ranging from ‘Rosso GP’ red and ‘Arancione Scramber’ orange to ‘Oro Puro’ gold.

Ducati also caters to its color blind customers or those lacking in taste by also offering a pink/purple monstrosity which customers can tell their friends at Starbucks is ‘Lilla Glamour’ lilac (this last sentence may not be a direct quote from Ducati).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw this and thought it might be fun. Not sure what exactly what the cover is made of? Is it some kind of molded plastic slipon? Stickers? In any case, I'm not sure how the original paint would fair. Probably not worth the hassle and expense for the novelty of having a lilac Monster for a day.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Until I read that article whipper posted, I thought you ordered the bike with that color. I didn't realize it was just a change out kit that you had to pay extra for. It does make it easier, but more expensive. Of course, those two usually go together.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Monster Art

Was at the Ducati Factory and Musuem in May. The purple one was in the employee parting lot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Until I read that article whipper posted, I thought you ordered the bike with that color. I didn't realize it was just a change out kit that you had to pay extra for. It does make it easier, but more expensive. Of course, those two usually go together.
Yes, it is just a set of panels you swap out taking advantage of the fact that the tank is simply cover

·
Registered
21 Posts
This program simply reminded me how easy it would be to simply take the bodywork off a stocker, sand and paint it any color you'd like, and save a grand.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
This program simply reminded me how easy it would be to simply take the bodywork off a stocker, sand and paint it any color you'd like, and save a grand.
true- but that ain't accessorizing, and that ain't revenue to the company. it's like buying special wound fender pickups to drop into your tele. a small percentage of gear-heads will re-wind their own, but most will buy the "hop up" kit with the fender logo on it. They smile, fender smiles. everyone's happy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was interested in the Amaranto Glossy but it says it is purple. It looked more like a deep reddish marroon to me. Anybody see it in person? Eitherway with a GT for now I guess it doesn't matter. -Pk

·
Registered
334 Posts
What's the price for the kit? Retail and dealer cost, if anyone knows. I'm hoping to get an 1100, but one shop I've spoken to doesn't have the colors I'd really prefer. I imagine they'd work something out, but maybe only something at their cost. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts