Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this right?

Up to 1000 km
During the first 1000 km keep an eye on the rev counter.
The indicator must not exceed 5500-6000 rpm.
During the first hours of riding, it is advisable to run the
engine at varying load and rpm, while keeping within the
recommended limit.

From 1000 to 2500 km
At this point, you can ask for more power from the engine,
being careful, however, never to exceed 7,000 rpm.

so until I get to 1,600 miles I can't go over 7k RPM? Is my math off or is this correct?

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Your math is off a little. It's actually 1553.428 ;)

You'll be surprised at how fast you can actually go while staying under 7K.

·
Mr Leakered
8,837 Posts
Edit: I'm an idiot. Read the whole post, tonered, sez the voice in my head. ;)

Have a good one.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Your math is off a little. It's actually 1553.428 ;)

You'll be surprised at how fast you can actually go while staying under 7K.
+1, I'm no stranger to speed and didn't have any problem keeping my S4RS under 7K.

·
Registered
771 Posts
It was the same on my S2R. 6k RPM worked out to about 100 mph in top gear though....that was plenty for making rapid passes on the highway.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Those rules should absolutely be followed, especially the rpm variation, because during the break in period, if you sit at one constant rpm for an excessive amount of time, i.e. highway cruising at 80, you can actually burn your cylinders, and that could cause major headaches down the road. I know that those restrictions sound unreasonable, but the miles add up fast!

HAVE FUN!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been varying my RPMs and everything so no worries. But they said just during the "First Hours" so I'm assuming that doesn't mean for all 600 miles? Or am I wrong?

I'm not looking to go really fast I just hate always looking at the dash when I should be keeping my eyes on the road :D I've been sticking to side streets (traffic + traffic lights) or curvy roads etc. I've slipped up a few times, but I'm sure everyone has, nobody is perfect. I'm just always paranoid looking down at the meter afraid to go above the limit :\

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I've been varying my RPMs and everything so no worries. But they said just during the "First Hours" so I'm assuming that doesn't mean for all 600 miles? Or am I wrong?

I'm not looking to go really fast I just hate always looking at the dash when I should be keeping my eyes on the road :D I've been sticking to side streets (traffic + traffic lights) or curvy roads etc. I've slipped up a few times, but I'm sure everyone has, nobody is perfect. I'm just always paranoid looking down at the meter afraid to go above the limit :\
Sounds to me like you're doing things just right except one..... don't worry about it too much, just have fun :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds to me like you're doing things just right except one..... don't worry about it too much, just have fun :)
I'll try to keep that in mind :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts