Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to buy a battery charger.
Which one you think I should go with?

Battery Tender or OEM Ducati Charger or is there any other brand you suggest??

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Depends upon what kind of battery you have which I think you forgot to mention. Also are you looking of a tender or actual charger and is a conditioning cycle important to you?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the thing is, I really don't know vey much details about this issue.

I have a stock battery for my 2014 Monster 796 and it's voltage is normal these days.
What I need is, as it is too hard to reach battery, I am looking for an easy way to charge it whenever I need.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you dont want to pay more for ducati charger, you can make a custom cable for other battery charger and use the dda port under your seat. The dda socket under your seat is Delphi Sicma 4 pin sealed.

Pins are like this
1) +12V
2) Ground
3) ECU B1 pin / CAN Hi
4) ECU C1 pin / CAN Lo

So using pin 1 and 2 you dont need to connect anything on the battery. Or you can remove the tank and put some eyelet cable comes with the battery tenders run it under your seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I tend to go with the Schumacher brand. They have higher output current ratings (1.5A), and are relatively inexpensive in our local Walmart stores (they're around $20 usually):

https://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-S...rd_wg=s117p&psc=1&refRID=XC7VPCRN8M903AHFAYHZ

I also tend to use my maintainers with a 24hr timer. They turn on once each day, and take a "fresh look" at the battery. They always go into the charge mode at that point, and then into the float mode after the battery is fully charged. I've had batteries go flat even when they've been in the float mode (like over the winter). The timer solved that problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Battery Tender Jr will work just fine and can be had for about $25 - Amazon or Revzilla
I have one on my 797

1 - 6 of 6 Posts