Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share with you all that Multi times are done! I picked up the 696 from Halls yesterday and am very happy with my choice. Can't wait to ride the new bike some more. Will see you guys on Saturday!

Nicolae

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congratulations Nicolae! Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I see you where watching that wallet .

:eek: To much again..........................The 1100 was talking to ya......................LOL:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I went for a ride today and it was fun. There is still A LOT that I have to learn before I can pull wheelies. One day! See you sat rain or shine!

Nicolae

·
Registered
322 Posts
Be careful man.

Its not the bike with the wheelie problem. Like learning to blow a duck call,,,,,,,,,,,years ago I kept buying differant duck calls..............tell I figured out how to blow..............then I could grab any call and sound like a duck. Don't be pissed when that monster don't wheelie on its own. I never road a 620 duc. But would bet it would wheelie just fine. Heck my boys XL 75cc would wheelie easy. Riding takes know how.................no magic to it. "Experiance" key word here. Go out on an old road nothing around. Roll along in 1st gear blip the clutch and some throttle tell it will just bring the tire off the ground. Take small steps tell you can get her up some. Then once your comfortable, then try carrying the front for awhile. A true wheelie is not the power wheelie's you see me do once in awhile. A true wheelie is balancing the bike on the back wheel while shifting gears going down the road. Which your old multi would do just fine I am sure. But here is what you really need to do.................Learn how to ride the correct way........................." A twist of the wrist 2" By Keith Code. Put it by your toilet every morning I read in that book. Read learn ride, reread learn, ride learn, reread learn, ride learn............ The more your read and ride the more it will start to come to you. As you get smoother you will automatically get faster it just happens. As for as wheelies don't worry about them tell you have some time on the new bike. Heck I have had the multi 1100 for over 2500 miles and owned for 5 weeks..................I am still learning the bike, take your time and stay alive. But we all need help............Get twist of the wrist 2................You can thank me later :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice. I wish I could say that is news to me. I am very aware of my riding skills and don't push it. I try to practice my skills and read as much as possible. I do not have the book yet, but will get it soon. I am in no rush to do anything stupid. Heck, I hope to never do something stupid. I know things need time. Playing the violin at the level I'm at took some time. 29 years to be exact. If I could ride the bike half as good as I can play the violin I will be very happy.

Nicolae

·
Registered
247 Posts
A twist of the wrist 2" By Keith Code. Put it by your toilet every morning I read in that book. Read learn ride, reread learn, ride learn, reread learn, ride learn............ The more your read and ride the more it will start to come to you. As you get smoother you will automatically get faster it just happens.
great advice!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Twist of the wrist rocks!

I have been riding for 15 years. Those books helped out my riding tremendously. Also if you go to youtube, there is a series of videos by MCM that documents California superbike school uk. Just type in california superbike school into google videos and you'll see it. On youtube it is under "superbike school uk"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts