Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend is making the switch, and it's her first Ducati. Have you guys had any major porblems?

·
Registered
61 Posts
The only complaint I have, is that its not fast enough for me, but thats because I'm trying to keep up with sport bikes on the highway. Other than that, it is the most fun bike I have ever ridden. as far as actual bike problems, my rear breaks howl, but they ordered new style brake pads which should fix the problem, Warranty covered that.

·
Registered
312 Posts
1) If she is comfortable on it I say go for it.

2) Any problems? Nothing major, a wiring harness, but that was a re call, and covered under full warranty.

3) Must do mod period is the comfort touring seat, best 200 you will ever spend.

4) I don't see why every one complains about this bike being slow, I ride almost daily with a 1098, a R1, and a K1300s, and I have no problem keeping pace.

I have 6500 miles on mine and could not be happier!

Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good to know, Termi pipes and ECU are being fitted right away too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Watch out for potholes! The front tire isn't very thick and the front wheel is VERY expensive. Other than that, my 696 is fine.

·
Registered
546 Posts
My girlfriend has had hers since the 696 first came out and she loves it. Only problem was with the instrument cluster once went out. But other than that, which turned out to be a recall that the dealer took care of, it's been great. If it's any indication as to the comfort of the bike, we just did a trip from Miami to West Virginia on our bikes (3,000+ miles total) and she claims she was perfectly fine on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
frame sliders :)

An excellent suggestion. I have also found Pazzo levers and CRG Highsight LS mirrors to be excellent modifications to the 696.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pazzos are being thrown in on the deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
bought one for the wife in feb. No problems, she loves it, and I like to ride it when shes not. Very fun bike and a great second bike for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts