ok so i contacted about three dealers and this is what i got

$8300 for 2009 monster 696
$0 Dealer prep fee
$390 freight
$577 for 7% tax

Total for bike 9267 OTD
also 20% off all gear including helmet Jacket and Parts

also Warranty at dealer cost

so my question is can i get a better deal then this ?
and how much should i put down on the bike 5%-10% since 1000 only affects the payment by like 15 bucks?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Only you can answer if it's a good price. You've gone the right route, gotten rid of the dealer fee and are getting discounts on gear. Usually I'll know exactly what I'm willing to pay and simply offer the dealer a set amount and they can either take it or leave it.

Personally I'd never finance a bike, they're purely luxuries that not only lose value rapidly but can also be completely destroyed/written off easily. But to each their own.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's a pretty good deal based on what I found. I got a 2009 696 with Stainless Termis OTD for $10K even. How much you put down is up to you.

·
Registered
312 Posts
the one best deal that you can make, as long as you haven't signed anypapers is your first service free. It is easy enough for the dealership to do, seeing as they can warranty it off, and plus it is a 200 dollar oil change. Save your money that way, other than that you got a typical deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
don't finance if you can

i totally agree that you should not finance a bike.

this is the kind of toy's that should be saved for and paid cash.

if you had to sell for some reason you would be upside down as soon as you ride out the door.

or put a significant down payment, maybe 50%.

good luck you're going to love your new bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yo Breitlingman1986,

I'm very interested in where you got the $ quote? Was it at Cross Country Ducati in NJ? I don't live too far away from you. I would like to know. I'm also considering Finance also and am trying to decide how much to put down. I learned that Ducati has a finance program going now through end of May.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts