Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just booked a ducati monster 696, before going ahead is it worth it as a first street bike as i have quads in the past nothing els, anyways im thinking of getting a pipe as long as im going to finance it, so whats the best pipe should I get.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think its a good first street bike, albeit an expensive one. Personally, I wouldn't get one as a first bike, but to each their own. It's got good torque and power, but not enough to overwhelm you.

As for pipes, the ONLY option if you want to be able to match the pipes with the ECU is to get the Termignoni full or slip on system from Ducati.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's been my first street bike and Ive had nothing but positive things to say. Ive ridden bike's before dirt, and street but never my own. It's very user friendly, and forgiving.

I got the termi pipe's with mine and I absolutley love them. Their's other great options as well, but only the termi's come with a high flow intake filter, and race ecu to control them both.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Trems are expensive so what are the other options

Regards,
Saleh
Make the investment. Roll it into your loan. You won't be disappointed. The other options are still going to cost 75% or a Termi system. The reason we recommend this is because this is what we use.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Make the investment. Roll it into your loan. You won't be disappointed. The other options are still going to cost 75% or a Termi system. The reason we recommend this is because this is what we use.
They're not expensive when you consider what you get for your money.

The Ducati Performance ECU / tuneable for CO and burn rate per cylinder, and proper mapping for the better flowing exhaust. The kit also includes a hiflow air filter to even out the flow through the exhaust. So you get proper flow, and proper addition of gas to match the added air.

With other exhausts you do not get an ECU, and you do not get a higher flowing airfilter.

The ECU costs MSRP $1300. When you consider this, you almost get the pipes free!

·
Registered
16 Posts
How do you tune the ECU? I got the Termis system on my 696 but I didn't see anything around being able to tune it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How do you tune the ECU? I got the Termis system on my 696 but I didn't see anything around being able to tune it.
Most DP ecu units are tuneable via ega and dds systems which are dealer tools, they're not fully tuneable, but within a range

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just booked a ducati monster 696, before going ahead is it worth it as a first street bike as i have quads in the past nothing els, anyways im thinking of getting a pipe as long as im going to finance it, so whats the best pipe should I get.
Hmmmmmmm......brand new rider, no 2 wheels experience wants to buy a brand new bike on finance. Sorry but my advice would be to buy a cheap used bike and get some training/practice before committing to a new Monster. Read the "new rider goes down" thread!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts