Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clutch and brake lever on the Monster 696 are a bit out there for my short fingers. Also at least on my bike, the clutch doesn’t engage until the lever is almost all the way out. I would like to get levers that have more of a bend in them to bring the levers in closer to the handle bar. However, I doubt that the length of my fingers is going to change much so I don’t really need adjustable levers. Does anyone offer levers that just have a different bend and not adjustable?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The clutch and brake lever on the Monster 696 are a bit out there for my short fingers. Also at least on my bike, the clutch doesn’t engage until the lever is almost all the way out. I would like to get levers that have more of a bend in them to bring the levers in closer to the handle bar. However, I doubt that the length of my fingers is going to change much so I don’t really need adjustable levers. Does anyone offer levers that just have a different bend and not adjustable?
Not that Im aware of, but the CRG & Pazzo levers adjust the lever closer to you so your fingers wont have to go out as far, and the clutch will engage closer to the grip. Same soulution your going for.

·
Registered
120 Posts
After 7500 miles with the stock levers, I put Pazzos on about 200 miles ago and I can't be happier. I found them on Ebay, about the same price as the CRG.

I did see a bike with some really short ASV levers just a few weeks ago. Those look pretty nice too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Both the Pazzos and CRGs look great. I went with the CRGs. Took about 10 minutes to install them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Pazzos... CRGs... pretty much the same thing I reckon. I have Pazzos and yeah the reach can be adjusted in closer to the grips. Here's mine:
Thx for the info,

I wasn't comparing CRG to Pazzo to whatever, just talking about the Stock Levers vs. CRG, Pazzo, etc.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had Pazzo levers on my M696. I also have small hands and they felt/worked great. The clutch still enagages at the very end of the lever travel, that's due to the APTC. It's not as noticable though with the adjustable lever.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have crg roll a click levers on my 749. Did everyone notice the small notch towards the end on the lever? What is this for? I was thinking of actually bending the lever a bit up sine i like the feel of the shorty lever, but need the regular due to the heavy hydraulic clutch. Do you think I could bend the lever a bit up at the end where the notch is to accomplish what I am looking for? Is this commonly done? I dont want to damage/crack the lever.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Pazzos/ CRG/ ASV levers all accomplish the same thing - adjusting the lever to a distance that's comfortable to you. Buy the ones that look the best to you. I have short fingers and got the Pazzo shorties and love them.

The notch on the long levers is a snap point designed to break off in the event of a tip over. This is a much cheaper part to replace than your brake master cylinder or clutch.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have crg roll a click levers on my 749. Did everyone notice the small notch towards the end on the lever? What is this for? I was thinking of actually bending the lever a bit up sine i like the feel of the shorty lever, but need the regular due to the heavy hydraulic clutch. Do you think I could bend the lever a bit up at the end where the notch is to accomplish what I am looking for? Is this commonly done? I dont want to damage/crack the lever.
You'll probably break it if you bend it there, since that's what the notch is designed to be on the long lever: a breaking point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts