Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Im new to the forums but myself and my teammate have been stuntriding for Ducati North America for the last 10 months. We have been riding the Hypermotard but we just recently set up a few Monster 696's. The bikes are amazing. The only problem we have is that after a long set of wheelies for some reason the bike is puking oil all over the place. We havent had any issues with this happening on the Hypermotard which is weird. We understand that the bike wasnt designed for what we do but we really need to figure out a quick fix for this.

The bike is dumping oil into the airbox and then out the overflow nipple. This only happens after long sets of wheelies. Is there a crankcase breather fix for these bikes? If anyone cant point us in the right direction we would greatly appreciate it!

Ernie

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am not sure if this will help you my bike is a 2007 ST3S and it had a similar problem - albeit not from sustained wheelies. I first noticed a lot of blue smoke in the rear view mirrors the bike has under 10,000klm on it. I pulled over to the side of the road and oil was dripping on the ground. The bike was towed to a ducati service centre where they had the bike for a day and called me to say it was fixed and questioned me over the oil levels and service history. I took the bike for a run and within 20 kilometres it was doing the same problem again. I rode back and parked the bike with the oil dripping on their floor. They put their mechanic on it straight away and the outcome was the oil was blowing or sucking into the air chamber with such force that it saturated the air filter and dribbled out and onto the floor. The blue smoke I saw was oil being burned as it mixed with the air coming through the air cleaner. The problem has been fixed but I don't know exactly what they did to fix it. They were able to replicate the problem with sustained high revs 9000rpm. They said they have never seen it before. All my servicing and oil changes have been at the ducati service centre.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts