Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 monster headlight is giving me a fit. The low beam works. The high beam works with the “flash to pass” trigger on the switch housing. But when I attempt to use the switch to turn it on or off...nothing happens. Both bulbs are brand new and work. I disassembled the switch housing and cleaned the contacts and checked for positive clicks, checked wiring for kinks or broken wires, and fuses are good. Next I went on a search for the headlight relay. Found 2 relays near the battery. One I assume is for lights and one is probably fuel related. Swapped them with one another and the problem didn’t fix itself. So I am assuming both relays are fine. Is there something else I’m missing here? Couldn’t find any wiring diagrams for my bike either.(had to pay for them anywhere I looked). Attached is a link to a YouTube video I found depicting my exact issue. But the owner of the video never revealed the fix to his problem. So here I am!
https://youtu.be/9CA-nE9GG0g

·
Registered
305 Posts
My 08 monster headlight is giving me a fit. The low beam works. The high beam works with the “flash to pass” trigger on the switch housing. But when I attempt to use the switch to turn it on or off...nothing happens. Both bulbs are brand new and work. I disassembled the switch housing and cleaned the contacts and checked for positive clicks, checked wiring for kinks or broken wires, and fuses are good. Next I went on a search for the headlight relay. Found 2 relays near the battery. One I assume is for lights and one is probably fuel related. Swapped them with one another and the problem didn’t fix itself. So I am assuming both relays are fine. Is there something else I’m missing here? Couldn’t find any wiring diagrams for my bike either.(had to pay for them anywhere I looked). Attached is a link to a YouTube video I found depicting my exact issue. But the owner of the video never revealed the fix to his problem. So here I am!
https://youtu.be/9CA-nE9GG0g
Have you unplugged the switch and checked to see if you are getting voltage to it? If so, check for proper ground to that switch. If all checks out, I would suspect the switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m electronically challenged unfortunately. I’m a bit of a gearhead though. I struggle to understand the concept of checking these issues out and start poking all over with my multimeter completely unsure of what I’m doing. Here is a picture of the plug I chased back from the switch. How would one go about testing ,the female end I’m assuming, for voltage?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts