Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
If the battery is known to be good it is time to dig in deeper.

When you say "does not start"....

Do the lights on the dash,headlight and other electric items light up?

Does the motor turn over (starter motor only) ?

Does the Motor not turn over and you hear nothing?

You need to trace where you are losing power or signal, start with a volt meter and see if you have battery power at the starter solenoid. Remove the starter cable on the starter side of the solenoid and then measure the starter solenoid when pressing the starter button. If you are not receiving battery voltage through the solenoid then you need to test the signal wires at the solenoid, if you have a good signal but the solenoid does not pass current it is likely your solenoid. If there is no signal voltage at the solenoid start measuring at your start switch.

I do not think either of these should throw a code so they are just checks for information. It would be interesting to attach software to your bike to see what the bike is getting/seeing for voltage so we can decide if it is simply throwing a code for no reason or if there is something wrong. Know that a low battery will throw about every code in the book and it might just be stored in memory and not your current issue. this happens plenty when I see a bike come in with a new battery, the old batteries failure caused the code but it was still in history.

On a monster be sure to check the plug at the gauges for corrosion as this corrosion could cause issues. If you remove the immobilizer then the bike should function without the stock gauges.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the bike has a flashed ECU with a ducatiperformance file. So the immo does not work I even unplugged it. The starter works it feels like no sparks come. Also the obligatory gauge test is performed a wired way. Not right after switching the ignition on just while starting. When a disconnected the battey and even the ecu the code remained but it started and since the ithe bike works but very frustrating as it can start to be mean any time. I connect it then to the diagnostic computer and erase the trouble codes.

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
So it sounds as the bike has a intermittent starting problem but constant BATT code problem?

With it cranking do check for spark just to verify this is why it is not starting.

Was there a time that you did not have this issue since it was re-flashed?
which ecu (59M, 5am HW103 or 610?) and which Dp map was installed? did you use hex file or Bin?

I have been playing with these and if you install the wrong/file or ecu it will some times work but also some times give you wrong information as the ecu is getting the wrong information pathways.

Your diagnostic computer should be reading voltages are you reading correct values or are they low? This may be simply something is incompatible in the ecu.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts