Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hard to believe how long it's been since I built my first Monster project bike, but the time has come for the next one. I purchased a 2017 Monster 1200 S earlier this year and I'm going to start modifying the bike soon. This bike is my daily rider, so I'll be making the mods one step at a time in order to keep the time off of the road to a minimum. Stay tuned...

Info on my 2009 Monster 1100 can be found here: Top 5 Ducati Monster customs | Bike EXIF

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little precious metal to get us started. Decided to go with the full titanium system from Zard and it looks amazing. Can't wait to hear how it sounds. Hope to have it installed tomorrow. I'll share more photos when it's done.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FIrst mod done!!!

Okay folks, first mod is complete. Full titanium Zard exhaust system installed and it looks and sounds amazing!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Baffles are not in for the video. According to Zard, a remap is not necessary. So far, the bike seems to be running pretty well, but I'm sure some mapping changes wouldn't hurt. I'm not sure of the diameter of the tubing, but they are big.

More info from Zard here: https://shop.officineitalianezard.it/en/products/index/scarichi-ducati-monster-1200-s-zard-7713-200/

How big are the downtubes? Remap? Are there db killers to take out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Love the 2009...constantly look at the saved photos I have on my phone looming for ideas for my 09. Getting ready to follow this build as well.

Great job!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'd ditch the frame stickers and relocate them under the seat or in the nearest trash can. The exhaust is epic!

May I ask where you located those rim decals, they look sharp.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Makes sense, the rear subframe is taller

Tank is higher also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The R model is taller to give the bike more cornering clearance for track days. The standard and S model Monsters will ground the exhaust header on the track; not sure about the Zard.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Even better... preserve them to reapply if ever necessary. You were one step ahead of me! The wheels were new for the 2017 S model and come that way from the factory.

I'd ditch the frame stickers and relocate them under the seat or in the nearest trash can. The exhaust is epic!

May I ask where you located those rim decals, they look sharp.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You won't be disappointed. Although, the new 2018 Monster 821 Ducati just announced is a great value now that it has most of the updates that the Monster 1200 got in 2017.

I really love this new Monster 1200S. Just sold my S2R1000 and I think I will get one in the coming weeks.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts