Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into frame and wheel sliders for my 2016 Monster 1200 S. I've searched and seen some mixed views on the frame sliders that mount to the engine mount vs. frame only option. I can't find many frame only mounts (just ran across someone who installed evotech from another post).

Does anyone have actual negative experience with the slider option that mounts to the engine hole? The evotech looks nice but it's expensive at over $200 Euro. There were a few people suggesting Rizoma but I don't see and option for my model on their site. Maybe they have developed one for recent models of Monster.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Speedy Moto makes them for frame mount, rear wheel and front fork sliders.
Frame sliders are hit and miss. if you low side and it just goes down and slides on a solid surface its great, but if it goes into the dirt may catch and do more damage as in flipping the bike or bending frame more.
I currently have a set of slider that fit the Monster 1200R from speedy moto that are in as new condition for the frame and rear wheel i would be willing to part with. reason I am not using the frame sliders are my Zard Exhaust would not work with these sliders.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the same set on my R and I highly recommend them.

Speedy Moto makes them for frame mount, rear wheel and front fork sliders.

Frame sliders are hit and miss. if you low side and it just goes down and slides on a solid surface its great, but if it goes into the dirt may catch and do more damage as in flipping the bike or bending frame more.

I currently have a set of slider that fit the Monster 1200R from speedy moto that are in as new condition for the frame and rear wheel i would be willing to part with. reason I am not using the frame sliders are my Zard Exhaust would not work with these sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I have the Speedymotos, look like they would be good in a parking lot fall, or low speed tipover. Pitch it down the road however, and all bets are off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unless I'm not seeing another Speedy Moto option, the frame slider that they sell is the one that does go into the frame but is also the engine mount hole, which goes back to by original question. Some have expressed concern that a hard fall with this type of mount would transfer the impact to the engine itself? I have not idea if this is a legit concern. While the threads would go into the engine casing (I assume that's the concern as I haven't taken this bolt out) I assume the slider must also be flush to the frame? Meaning that an impact would be absorbed by the frame with some possible transfer to the engine casing?

The sliders like evotech design do not use frame mounting locations that also serve to hold the engine.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Unless I'm not seeing another Speedy Moto option, the frame slider that they sell is the one that does go into the frame but is also the engine mount hole...
I can only say yes to this. 0:)

If you find the instructions, you remove 1 bolt that holds engine to frame on each side, and replace with the kit bolts, which iirc have a hex head and are pretty short. Then, you screw on and torque the main bolts, and last you use small bolts and an insert to attach the actual sliders. Or something like that. I think you can find the install instructions online.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts