Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Spencers696 - Would you swap your wheels for Jap wheels? I have a pair happy to trade ;)
Maybe you could understand my disappointment at being told, they WERE Marchesini Wheels and that they WERE Forged by the dealer who sold me the bike only to find out they are neither. In fact I was told only the S had the forged wheels which was why they are gold and not black.

True about Harley but as of today the MV is as Italian as they come.

I'm not trying to start a flame war just try and see how I feel about this, I paid top dollar for something I thought I was getting and didn't.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Maybe you could understand my disappointment at being told, they WERE Marchesini Wheels and that they WERE Forged by the dealer who sold me the bike only to find out they are neither. In fact I was told only the S had the forged wheels which was why they are gold and not black.
Here ya go , I fixed it, now you know who to blame :D

Just mess'n with you, I would be more than "dissaponted" :mad:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Practical difference? Well, to me, the answer is a resounding YES. First, I was sold something that I didn't receive. That should be enough to begin with ...

The woman at Ducati North America said that the Enkki wheels meet the same specifications as the Marchesini's - I assume meaning strength & weight. But that's not exactly the point.
so you are being a cry baby. that is emotional, not practical. we can't help you with that.

/thread

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
in the whole scheme of things it's pretty minor that we're getting Enkei instead of Marchesini, but still Marchesinis would have been neat!

·
Registered
138 Posts
We apologize for putting Japanese wheels on your Italian motorcycle and not telling you about it...

Here is the official reply from Ducati NA:

"Regarding the wheels on your M1100, Ducati has made a supplier change. Starting in 2009, cast wheels are now being supplied by Enkei. We have taken steps to update our marketing information accordingly on our website at www.ducatiusa.com. We thank you for your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We hope that you continue to remain a Ducati enthusiast.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us or an Authorized Ducati Dealership. To find an Authorized Ducati Dealership, please visit www.ducatiusa.com and click on "Dealer Locator"."

·
Registered
138 Posts
I noticed the Ducati website no longer states the wheels are Marchesini for any of the Monsters. Those who have them, consider yourselves lucky.

It will probably be a good selling point in the future since recently produced Monsters will all have Enkei.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
i guess i lucked out, but will most likely go the route of forged alum or even BST carbon in due time. throw in some carbon rotors and get ready for some real fun! :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Funny, forged or not to be forged............ Our new 1100s has the typical Marchesinis with the sticker and all, dealer claims they are forged, I discounted this immediately not wanting to embarrass him. I am 99% sure they are not forged. Having seen my share of forged and non forged 999 wheels. Forged wheels have rather sharp edges cast are much more rounded ( I am referring to the cross section of the spoke ). And as another poster wrote, if they were forged, they would have the tradmark marchesini forged stuck to them.

Anyway, it really isn't a race bike, and they look close enough to my good friend's 1098R rims, at least from a distance!

Mark

·
Registered
429 Posts
If the dealer told you the bike flew, or floated in water would you believe him/her? Who really cares anyway? Both are identical stock wheels that are not that great anyways. An aluminum wheel is an aluminum wheel, no matter where its made.

The whole "not Italian" is dumb, it's a run of the mill Ducati motorcycle, not a Ferrari F430. Did you buy the bike to ride and enjoy for years or to sleep better at night because you have an Italian machine?

Go enjoy a great bike!

Enkie is a world class manufacturer, Ive had many sets on bikes and cars (OEM and aftermarket) For what its worth, I have 19 and 20 inch Enkie wheels on my Nissan GTR.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts