Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Why are you against Enkei? Last I check, they supply the McLaren F1 team with their wheels...

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 1100S wheels are Marchesini as well. When I was still contemplating the standard 1100, the dealer stated the wheels were the same but only different colors.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 1100S wheels are Marchesini as well. When I was still contemplating the standard 1100, the dealer stated the wheels were the same but only different colors.
Yeah, I noticed that too. More false advertising, like the M696 and M1100S giving air temp but NOT the M1100.

Strange the wheels could be the exact same cast by different companies, but my M1100 wheels are definitely stamped ENKEI.

Maybe there will be a class-action lawsuit someday and I'll get $2.75 worth of Ducati merchandise!!! :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ducati seems to be confused about what equipment is on their bikes because all the literature I read about the 1100 before I bought the bike stated that it came with Marchesini.

One of the reasons why I questioned if the 1100 has a dry clutch, because the owner's manual clearly states that it's wet multiplate. But I confirmed it's dry.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why are you against Enkei? Last I check, they supply the McLaren F1 team with their wheels...
Nothing against Enkei, but 9/10 motorcycling enthusiasts would probably prefer Marchesini over Enkei for their motorcycle wheels, especially on their Ducati.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote from Ducati website.
The Monster 1100 is the lightest bike in its class: The 1100 S weighs in at 168kg (369lb) and the 1100 at just 169kg (373lb)!
The exceptional handling, combined with legendary torque from the Ducati Desmo engine, results in a pure, adrenalin-filled ride. Extremely lightweight 5-spoke Marchesini wheels help reduce unsprung weight,

This text is from the 1100 details not the s model.I think you should write to Ducati.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Quote from Ducati website.
The Monster 1100 is the lightest bike in its class: The 1100 S weighs in at 168kg (369lb) and the 1100 at just 169kg (373lb)!
The exceptional handling, combined with legendary torque from the Ducati Desmo engine, results in a pure, adrenalin-filled ride. Extremely lightweight 5-spoke Marchesini wheels help reduce unsprung weight,

This text is from the 1100 details not the s model.I think you should write to Ducati.
I wrote to Ducati Italy and Ducati North America about the air-temp issue.

Ducati Italy told me the specs were correct, call my delaer if I had a problem. Ducati North America told me thanks for pointing out their mistake, sorry for any confusion it might have caused.

I'm guessing the wheel issue would go about the same way.

** I just checked the website and only the M1100 says the wheels are Marchesini, NOT the M1100S!!! What a bunch of wackos over there in Italy...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah My wheels are Enkei the brochure says Brembo, So I have an Italian bike with Japanese wheels just like I would find on any JAP bike. I have an M1100S. Not happy:mad:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah My wheels are Enkei the brochure says Brembo, So I have an Italian bike with Japanese wheels just like I would find on any JAP bike. I have an M1100S. Not happy:mad:
My M1100S has Marchesini. So some 1100S owners have Enkei and some have Marchesini?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Um, I'm pretty sure yours would have Marchesini. Brembo is the manufacturer of the brakes, all new Monsters have Brembos. Your wheels should say "Marchesini"

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just looked at my M1100 and it is Enkei as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a M1100 with ENKEI wheels. I contacted Ducati NA to ask "WHY?" and got this reply that says nothing about a week ago. If/when I ever hear anything else I'll post it.

"Thank you for contacting Ducati North America and for your inquiry regarding the wheels for your M1100.

We are currently investigating this matter and will keep you informed as we have more information regarding the suppliers.

In the interim, should you have any further questions please feel free to contact us or your authorized Ducati dealership."

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was just at the local dealership looking at the m1100s. They had 3 m1100's on the floor and all of the rims were stamped enkei. The m1100s had marchesini.. so did the 696's. I asked about it and the guys in the store were scratching their heads.... weird.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Rather typical of this company. I would be pissed if my 1100S would have had Enkei instead of Marchesini's. I also ragged about the air temp thing and the fact the support and tool kit is a joke. To not include a spanner for the shock and chain adjustment is inexcusable. a total void of suspension setup is also typical. I agree that this Italian company is totally whacked. Love the bikes, not the company.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Um, I'm pretty sure yours would have Marchesini. Brembo is the manufacturer of the brakes, all new Monsters have Brembos. Your wheels should say "Marchesini"
No... the owners manual says the wheels are Brembo. Brembo Make wheels very expensive wheels as found on MV Augusta's

Page 108 of the owners manual says Wheels Front BREMBO brakes are on page 106

It also says it has a wet clutch on page 107??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Gets more confusing then.My s model has Marchesini stickers on the rims and a M stamp on them but also Brembo stamped on them.So all i know is that they are gold and round !

1 - 20 of 50 Posts