Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, forgive me if this is a dumb question but this is my very first Ducati and all my experience up to now has been with Japanese liter bikes. I am in the process of having an exhaust custom fabricated by a well known bike builder who happens to be down the street from me. With Japanese bikes, when I have add an exhaust I bought a PC and have it tuned on the dyno tuned and I am done.

Is the process the same with a Monster? If so which is the best unit to buy? I have used PC on all my previous bikes including my Yamaha R1 that I recently added it to. I have never had any issues with it.

If the process is different with a Ducati can someone give me some insight? Thanks for any help, and again I apologize if it is a dumb question but I dont want to damage my new toy.

·
Registered
221 Posts
There is a power commander for the 1100(PCV), but it has not been released yet.... Once it is, it is just the same as your other bikes... Install, tune, ride...

·
Registered
230 Posts
+1 looking to do the same when the exhaust and PC come out for the 1100!! there's a suzuki dealer where I live that will dyno and tune the bike for about $250.

·
Registered
267 Posts
At this point there is no guarantee we'll see a PCV for the 696 & 1100. All three ECUs (stock, slip on, & full system) retain the closed loop map with dual O2 sensors. I'm fairly confident Dynojet will not release the PCV unless they find a solution to eliminate or control the stock sensors. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the PCV release. Hopefully I'm wrong as I'm not completely satisfied with the fueling on my 1100S with a full Termi system....

A couple of things I've confirmed is their standard O2 eliminator does not work with the Siemens/Synerject ECU http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=76423006&CartID=1. I can eliminate the sensors and keep the check engine light off, but haven't done enough research to see how the ECU will react over time. The ECU will default to a fairly rich closed loop map, but I don't know if the map will stay static without the sensor feedback over time. This is the main issue with the Marelli ECUs (stock, not DP) on the other models. You also need to modify the fuel injector circuit to prevent a different check engine light. I had a PCIII successfully running a zero map without any CELs for a short time, but pulled it until I can find the time to work on the project. I also have another system ready to go that may be promising. More details soon.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
At this point there is no guarantee we'll see a PCV for the 696 & 1100. All three ECUs (stock, slip on, & full system) retain the closed loop map with dual O2 sensors. I'm fairly confident Dynojet will not release the PCV unless they find a solution to eliminate or control the stock sensors. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the PCV release. Hopefully I'm wrong as I'm not completely satisfied with the fueling on my 1100S with a full Termi system....

A couple of things I've confirmed is their standard O2 eliminator does not work with the Siemens/Synerject ECU http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=76423006&CartID=1. I can eliminate the sensors and keep the check engine light off, but haven't done enough research to see how the ECU will react over time. The ECU will default to a fairly rich closed loop map, but I don't know if the map will stay static without the sensor feedback over time. This is the main issue with the Marelli ECUs (stock, not DP) on the other models. You also need to modify the fuel injector circuit to prevent a different check engine light. I had a PCIII successfully running a zero map without any CELs for a short time, but pulled it until I can find the time to work on the project. I also have another system ready to go that may be promising. More details soon.....
Thanks for the info. Do you know how the bike would run if I get a non Termi exhaust, like a Quat D, Mivv, Leo Vince, etc. that don't use a different ECU. Would it run like crap?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I know it's expensive but does the Nemesis ECU work with the 1100? That seems like the best option if one wanted to do a lot of tuning work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know it's expensive but does the Nemesis ECU work with the 1100? That seems like the best option if one wanted to do a lot of tuning work.
The Nemesis ECU is a direct replacement for the stock Ducati IAW5.9 ECU. The 1100 uses the new Siemens/Synerject-Freestyle Technology ECU. The harness, sensors, and gauge cluster are not compatable.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ProTune ECU Remap Kit can re-flash your current ECU with a DP full system map.

-M

Not doubting, just looking for clarification, because the VDST software that I already have and works on every other Ducati, does not work with the 696 or 1100. Have you actually used the Pro Tune with the new ECU, you know first hand that it works ?

I am hoping that your answer is yes, but not expecting it to be.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not doubting, just looking for clarification, because the VDST software that I already have and works on every other Ducati, does not work with the 696 or 1100. Have you actually used the Pro Tune with the new ECU, you know first hand that it works ?

I was in motowheels a few weeks ago and they said that the protune for the 696/1100 was not out yet, but they expected a release sometime within the next few months..... but they did recommended it over the power commander

·
Registered
53 Posts

Bueller ????.......Bueller ??????

·
Registered
230 Posts

Guess the answer was "no"

·
Registered
221 Posts
Guess the answer was "no"
No, they dont... Like I said, I was in at Moto's shop a few weeks ago and spoke to one of the guys there about the protune and power commander.... AS of yet, there is no re-mapping software/hardware for the 696/1100.... They expected a protune for the 696/1100 some time in the next few months, but did not know exactly when....

I just bought the two brothers juice box and just installed it this last week... Going to play with it this week and hopefully have some results for everyone soon

·
Registered
533 Posts
Not to ressurrect a dead thread...

But has anyone made any progress on Siemens tuning?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering that is is possible to use a dp ecu which is used? In previous monster (s2r1000) the ecu was coded to the bike etc. How is it with siemens ecu?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts