Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else besides me confused (or think it's a cruel tease) as to why the rpm indicator on the digital tach goes all the way up to 12,000 rpm, when redline is at 8,200? :confused:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I guess I got over that feeling when I was a kid and I would always look at the speedometer of a car and think it would go as fast as the maximum value showing on the gauge. My dad informed me of the truth and since then I take what shows on a tach or speedo with a grain of salt.......:). You do have to pay strict attention though don't you or you will hit that wall pretty fast and hard. There isn't much indication of a power drop off or even a levelling of to warn you as it pulls hard until it hits the limiter. It took a few times to get used to it after coming off my VFR. Truthfully, for me anyway, I rarely rev the bike out as it pulls so strong at almost any rpm.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Anyone else besides me confused (or think it's a cruel tease) as to why the rpm indicator on the digital tach goes all the way up to 12,000 rpm, when redline is at 8,200? :confused:
Perhaps the digital tach you have is also used on 4V models that do rev up to those levels? Just a guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts