Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trading in my Hyper S for a M1100S pretty in the next week or two. Ill be going on a 4 day long trip with the Monster as soon as I get it. I need to bring a few things with me as well as pack my passenger helmet. What are my best luggage options?

Right now, Im thinking that a tank bag and and a bungee net for the helmet on the tail would be the best bet. Id like smaller saddle bags as well but I dont know how those would work with the exhaust being where it is.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like the first one (where you just zip it up on the base that is attached to the seat using the same mechanism as the rear seat cowl) as I think it would look quite neat. Anyone seen a picture of it on the bike? I wouldn't mind one. Maybe I can do my weekly groceries shopping on my Monster afterall!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like that commoto stuff, especially the tail bag. It says the capacity is 18 liters for the tail bag. Does anyone know if that is big enough to fit a spare helmet?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like that commoto stuff, especially the tail bag. It says the capacity is 18 liters for the tail bag. Does anyone know if that is big enough to fit a spare helmet?
Not sure if you realise, but these are Ducati stuff and not after market. Give you dealer a call. Maybe get these thrown in as part of your bike deal.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if you realise, but these are Ducati stuff and not after market. Give you dealer a call. Maybe get these thrown in as part of your bike deal.
Oh really? I had no idea that it was Ducati Performance. That's good to know that it was designed specifically for the new Monster. It should fit well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh really? I had no idea that it was Ducati Performance. That's good to know that it was designed specifically for the new Monster. It should fit well.
Yup, I have the DP catalog and it is listed as for 696, 1100 and 1100S only. So definitely perfect fit. I think I will get myself one of those tail bag too.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
sure... when does a Ducati dealer give you anything for free? :confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anybody tried the DP cargo net? How well does it fit on the new Monsters (the M1100S in particular!)? There don't seem to be any hooks in the photo, just a couple of little loops, where does it attach?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've just bought the DP Pillion Bag. I haven't ridden with it yet but it goes on easily and fits really well. It's a bit of a struggle to get your leg over, especially when in it's expanded state but will (just) fit my helmet inside.

The Givi looks good but I don't wont anything that permanent. I also worry that the weight is very high and behind the rear axle. It's not like the front wheel doesn't want to lift up enough already!!!

I'm still interested to know what people's experience is with the cargo net, as it has the potential to be thrown on quickly or to hold down irregular shaped packages.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Givi forsure. Dealer sold a 696 with the bags. We liked em so much we ordered a set for next season.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would really like to see more information on the DP saddle bags. All I have seen is the same picture that is in the catalog, not a lot of information there!

The tail bag looks really cool......What did it run you?

·
Registered
527 Posts
That tail bag is so slick! Once you see it in person you'll wonder why no one did it sooner. Bolts are such a clean way to hold it on, and it's secure and easy to remove. A little spendy, but a nice solution. If you wear a backpack it will interfere though. And as mentioned you will need to be flexible to get your foot over it.

Jarel at DucatiOmaha had the saddlebags on his display model, and they still have them on display. He might have some hands on info. I was going to buy them, but I don't think I'm taking any trips this year. Plus the brackets looked fairly permanent, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I had my M1100, I ran the Ventura Sport Rack with a 36 L Givi Monokey bag (my work laptop fit perfectly inside). I really loved it and it looked good with the bike. I have since put the Monokey on my Hyper and it looked like some sort of strange growth occurred on the back so I am looking for a better solution there :)

heres a shot of my Monster when I had it for reference

·
Registered
263 Posts
I bought a $60 tail bag Cargo Basics tail bag that is held on by two bungee cords. 15L capacity, but it can expand to 20L with one zipper. Functional for a short trip (I used it with a backpack for a three-day trip out of town).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Today I had a frame fabricated at a local shop here. Fits the North Face duffle perfect. Can put plenty of stuff in this 42 liter bag. I upgraded from the original rear bag which is only 18 liters. A bit too small if you go for longer trips. The frame is bolted down with 4 bolts and can easily be removed when you don't need it.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts