Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am shopping for my first ducati and am going to check out these two bike next week and just wanted some opinions on them. I owned and r6 years ago but am looking for something more comfortable to pleasure ride and maybe take the mrs on as well. The r6 was not 2 up friendly and don't think I can do the bent over positioning anymore. I picked up a yamaha wr450 supermoto to take care of the urge while I look for my ducati but man this thing is TERRIBLE on the highway. Anything over 50 and the wind just kills the ride. I understnad it's not meant for it, but my point is that we do a lot of 70+ mph highway riding here in Texas with decent winds and want to make sure my next bike can handle it.

The Evo I am going to look at is a 2013 and the XDS is a 2016 with exhaust and mid controls already.

Any idea on which is the better highway bike and more 2 up friendly?

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,255 Posts
Hey guys,

I am shopping for my first ducati and am going to check out these two bike next week and just wanted some opinions on them. I owned and r6 years ago but am looking for something more comfortable to pleasure ride and maybe take the mrs on as well. The r6 was not 2 up friendly and don't think I can do the bent over positioning anymore. I picked up a yamaha wr450 supermoto to take care of the urge while I look for my ducati but man this thing is TERRIBLE on the highway. Anything over 50 and the wind just kills the ride. I understnad it's not meant for it, but my point is that we do a lot of 70+ mph highway riding here in Texas with decent winds and want to make sure my next bike can handle it.

The Evo I am going to look at is a 2013 and the XDS is a 2016 with exhaust and mid controls already.

Any idea on which is the better highway bike and more 2 up friendly?
The XDS is beautiful, but you might not feel comfortable riding it after the R6 (the feet forward position is rather odd for non-harley guys). I'd try a Diavel without the X instead.

The Monster EVO is a sportier bike with a great mid-range torque. Really fun for the rider but not too comfortable for the pillion. A Multistrada would be a better bike for 2 up IMHO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The XDS is beautiful, but you might not feel comfortable riding it after the R6 (the feet forward position is rather odd for non-harley guys). I'd try a Diavel without the X instead.

The Monster EVO is a sportier bike with a great mid-range torque. Really fun for the rider but not too comfortable for the pillion. A Multistrada would be a better bike for 2 up IMHO.
It's been 8 years since I owned the r6 but come from a life of atvs so like the controls under me and not in front. But the XDiavel I am going to look at has the mid controls from Ducati on it already.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,255 Posts
It's been 8 years since I owned the r6 but come from a life of atvs so like the controls under me and not in front. But the XDiavel I am going to look at has the mid controls from Ducati on it already.
I didn't know that was an option. Now I got the urge of test riding one of those!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts