Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Monster 1100 Evo sticking high idle

24K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  yvesB 
#1 ·
I know this topic has been discussed on other forums. I'm wondering if other people here have had this issue.

My bike is three months old and has about 4000 miles on it. A few weeks ago I noticed that the engine is intermittently starting to hang up at 2000 RPM with the throttle closed. This happens both with the bike in motion and at a stop. It idles high for typically 3-5 seconds before settling down. The issue may be more prominent when the bike is quite hot, but it also happens at normal temperature levels.

Yesterday I got on the freeway and noticed the check engine light was on. I pulled in the clutch and the idle was solidly stuck at 2000 RPM. I though to myself, "That's it, the idle air valve has failed for good." But it eventually settled down and the light went out. No error menu on the instrument display, so I can't report a code.

I've mentioned this before yesterday to the dealer and his response was basically, "It's a new bike. We'll have to see what issues come up." Since it's not a show-stopping issue and doesn't happen all the time, I've been reluctant to bring it in for service.

Has anybody else here run into this problem and gotten a proper diagnosis and fix? BTW, I'm quite sure it's not a sticking throttle cable.

Thanks.

-Henry

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.