Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out a few things.
1. Anyone know if the thread of 02 sensors is M18X1.5 ?
2. Anyone fitted Led bulb (H1&H7) for the stock monster head light? does it fit? does it work well? or I should stick with halogen ?
3. The stock horn uses a relay or not ?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out a few things.
1. Anyone know if the thread of 02 sensors is M18X1.5 ?
2. Anyone fitted Led bulb (H1&H7) for the stock monster head light? does it fit? does it work well? or I should stick with halogen ?
3. The stock horn uses a relay or not ?

Thanks!
1. M12 X 1.25
2. Haven't tried it but I think you would struggle due to the lack of room, most LED's I've seen have HUGE bases with heat sinks or fans in them. Would love to know if you find something that fits. I ended up using some Ring brand +120% halogen bulbs from Auto Bulbs Direct in the UK, they were definitely an improvement on stock (low and high beam). https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/
3. There's only the injection & high beam relays listed on the wiring diagram so it seems not. If you're fitting an aftermarket horn with more power it would pay to use a relay anyway as it's almost certainly going to draw more power than the pathetic stock one. I fitted a Stebel Nautilus (139db) to mine, relay is the small red box at right of pic next to the ABS pump, I just used some heavy duty velcro to attach it.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1. M12 X 1.25
2. Haven't tried it but I think you would struggle due to the lack of room, most LED's I've seen have HUGE bases with heat sinks or fans in them. Would love to know if you find something that fits. I ended up using some Ring brand +120% halogen bulbs from Auto Bulbs Direct in the UK, they were definitely an improvement on stock (low and high beam). https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/
3. There's only the injection & high beam relays listed on the wiring diagram so it seems not. If you're fitting an aftermarket horn with more power it would pay to use a relay anyway as it's almost certainly going to draw more power than the pathetic stock one. I fitted a Stebel Nautilus (139db) to mine, relay is the small red box at right of pic next to the ABS pump, I just used some heavy duty velcro to attach it.
HI CS363,

Thanks for the answers.
I thought LED bulb would be a problem because of the size, but I found some smaller ones without the big base, we'll test it and see how it works, otherwise I will get osram/philips bulbs.
I glad you told me the size of the O2 sensor as I almost ordered M18X1.5 plugs, so I got it in time.
Just saw the electric diagram and also checked on the bike and there's no horn relay, so I ordered one with fuse, gonna use it with twin 510HZ mocc horns that my buddy have and even one is loud....

Appreciate your answers!!!

BTW, I see you're using MWR filter and power up kit with rapid bike, how do you like it ?
I have my MWR on the way, and ecu reflash.
What do you think on keeping the airbox lid/scoop to guide the incoming air directly to the main air filter ?

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
BTW, I see you're using MWR filter and power up kit with rapid bike, how do you like it ?
I have my MWR on the way, and ecu reflash.
What do you think on keeping the airbox lid/scoop to guide the incoming air directly to the main air filter ?
The RapidBike was probably the best money I've spent on the bike, it runs so much better than stock or with DP ECU. Smooths the engine out hugely at round town speeds and is much more responsive all round. The only downside is a slight increase in fuel consumption as it's not running so lean as before.
Not sure on reusing the airbox lid (if it will even fit back on...) I would think it'd be restrictive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts