Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My monster only has 3000miles on it.
A few days ago, I started up this beauty and out of nowhere, some knocking sound started to come up. But then it went away soon.

I was a little worried but then I thought that it was just one-time thing that happens.

Yesterday, I was riding the bike for about half an hour during the day. The temp display went up to 3 or 4 bars. And this baby started to make scratchy sounds at stop lights.. I came right back to my house and recorded the noise.

Here is the link:

I really hope that it's just timing belt tension issue but then it sounds like an engine issue..

This is my first time owning a ducati and feel like i'm so lost. :crying:

Any advice would be welcomed!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Engine noise.

My monster only has 3000miles on it.
A few days ago, I started up this beauty and out of nowhere, some knocking sound started to come up. But then it went away soon.

I was a little worried but then I thought that it was just one-time thing that happens.

Yesterday, I was riding the bike for about half an hour during the day. The temp display went up to 3 or 4 bars. And this baby started to make scratchy sounds at stop lights.. I came right back to my house and recorded the noise.

Here is the link:
https://youtu.be/uXYhB7SpRJk

I really hope that it's just timing belt tension issue but then it sounds like an engine issue..

This is my first time owning a ducati and feel like i'm so lost. :crying:

Any advice would be welcomed!
I've had an 1100 Multistrada make a similar noise at high engine temp, the belts were to tight. The belts tighten as the engine expands. With the covers off I could see the belts vibrate as the noise appeared. I thought it was the sprag clutch at first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts