Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my monoposto fairing installed- anyone know what these silver things and sticky pads are for?
Also, I got the rubber grommets on the seat pad, but the seat pad still kinda wiggles around a bit- that normal?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
On the pad, can you show a pic of how the grommets are installed? Mine is 95% solid and moves if you force it.

On the aluminum rings, a buddy asked me the same thing last week, i have no idea as mine was dealer installed. I've had it on/off 10+ times and haven't noticed them.

·
Bon Vivant
11,602 Posts
Well, I got that bag of goodies too and I have no idea what they are. I may go down to the dealer and see if any of the techs know. On the rear pad, I installed a carbon one and used a bunch of foam with adhesive on both the front a rear mounting points and kept adjusting until it had a solid fit.

The foam I used was very dense closed-cell that I had in drawer, I think it was intended for securing a motorcycle battery.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the pad, can you show a pic of how the grommets are installed? Mine is 95% solid and moves if you force it.

On the aluminum rings, a buddy asked me the same thing last week, i have no idea as mine was dealer installed. I've had it on/off 10+ times and haven't noticed them.
Here is a pic of the rubber grommets on the underside of the seat pad. Still wiggles a little bit when installed.

Glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t know what those aluminum rings are for.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think the sticky pads go next to the hole that the Dzus fastener fixes through, it adds some thickness to stop it wiggling around against the base
Not sure where those alloy cups go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The round spacers fill the gap between the rear exhaust heat shield and the bottom of your seat when you remove the rear foot pegs.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Here is a pic of the rubber grommets on the underside of the seat pad. Still wiggles a little bit when installed.
View attachment 1013015
I have
View attachment 1013015
My top one(rear) is reversed from yours. Mine also came with rubber strips to insulate. I know mine is carbon, but i swapped all the rubber pieces from stock. Try flipping the rear one and see if it helps

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Instructions may help may not?
Directions sure do help! I had the rubber grommets on the correct way, those 2 sticky pads going on the locking mechanism is what I was missing. The seat pad is now rock solid. Good to know the aluminum pieces are for the passenger peg holes when you remove them (makes sense with the monoposto removing any passenger coming along.)
Thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Directions sure do help! I had the rubber grommets on the correct way, those 2 sticky pads going on the locking mechanism is what I was missing. The seat pad is now rock solid. Good to know the aluminum pieces are for the passenger peg holes when you remove them (makes sense with the monoposto removing any passenger coming along.)
Thanks a lot guys!
One of mine is backwards apparently, but that's how the dealer installed it, i may flip the rear one to match the PDF, but it's solid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts