Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this thing possible to get in the states?

I LOVE the look! I've wanted one for a while, just never enough to actively search for one. After looking through the pics thread and seeing a few other bikes out there with it, I've decided I want it.

Ducati Austin told me in the past that it was darn near impossible to get...anyone?

Can I buy it form some place online and have it shipped?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm assuming you're talking about the Ducati Performance piece for a 99-06? If so, the answer is yes. Call Jason at Section 8. While you're on the phone with him, ask him where the hell mine is. (kidding here)

Let me know if you need part numbers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was quoted $540. ($595 is retail) There are some cheaper alternatives, but you'll have to have it painted and do some cuttting around the tail light. (not to mention either cut off the grab handle or fab a new bracket)

I plan to use Dzus fasteners on mine so I can still access the under seat storage.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
care to elaborate on those fasteners?

also, about cutting for the light, etc.

what all is required to get this thing to work / fit etc?

·
Registered
291 Posts
JDuc said:
Is this thing possible to get in the states?

I LOVE the look! I've wanted one for a while, just never enough to actively search for one. After looking through the pics thread and seeing a few other bikes out there with it, I've decided I want it.

Ducati Austin told me in the past that it was darn near impossible to get...anyone?

Can I buy it form some place online and have it shipped?
I haven't seen the DP one but I have a complete [new] Airtech mono kit I will take offers on. It would come with a new Zero Gravity smoked windscreen that lines up perfect. It is gelcoat red and has a couple of light scratches but I figure it would be sanded and painted to your liking anyway. Feel free to drop me PM or mail. Here's pics of the kit... http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/euroz/ducatisupertwin.html

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
fraz said:
I haven't seen the DP one but I have a complete [new] Airtech mono kit I will take offers on. It would come with a new Zero Gravity smoked windscreen that lines up perfect. It is gelcoat red and has a couple of light scratches but I figure it would be sanded and painted to your liking anyway. Feel free to drop me PM or mail. Here's pics of the kit... http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/euroz/ducatisupertwin.html
you'll notice that your Supertwin kit is for 91-97 SS's and hers is the Terbi 99 on up variety...more succintly a 2002!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks zooom!

:)

·
Administrator
5,896 Posts
I have two!

Okay to cut out the taillight area, I bought a Rotozip.

Painting ain't a thang!

Here is what my two looked like.
And I bought a grab handle off ebay for 5.00 qand cut it down.

Painting is almost done, I will post up!

HA!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zooom said:
no problem...BTW...welcome back...you've been gone for awhile...where ya been?....
graduated from college, moved, started a new job, quit the new job, started another new job and love it

:)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rainman said:
Okay to cut out the taillight area, I bought a Rotozip.

Painting ain't a thang!

Here is what my two looked like.
And I bought a grab handle off ebay for 5.00 qand cut it down.

Painting is almost done, I will post up!

HA!
is this the tail section that's for use with the foam pad and nothing else?

·
Administrator
5,896 Posts
Actually...

I made a real seat for mine.
Originally I bought a monoposto seat from a 748, but it was too big.
So I fabbed one up.
I have to admit walking around in Hancock fabrics in my leathers got me a few stares for sure.
When I get it all together, I took pics the whole way and will post up in the Hall of Wisdom, on everything I did.

Look for it!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok - so where did you get THAT version tail from?

I'm liking it!

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
Rainman said:
The first pic is a tail from BCM.
The second is from Kaenma.
I've been buying various stuff from Kaemna lately (fairing, screen, flywheel, floater buttons for the SS, adjustable pulleys for the ST2). Good guys to deal with, but of course they are close by (I'm in Switzerland, they're in Germany), so I don't know how they are to deal with from the US with regards to shipping costs and such.

I plan on getting a 1078 kit and head work from them next winter.

Tom

1 - 18 of 18 Posts