Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i switched to Bip from a Mono bike and my pilion seat is sitting too high up.

Do i really need the biposto taillight bracket or keep the mono bracket and do some kind of modification?

anyways, please advise. I feel like an idiot but i rather ask 4 help than spend money uselessly or mess sumtin up

thanks guys

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just buy it., but if you think you can modify it and make it work then do it, or just buy it and get it done with. I'm sure you can afford.

I did the other way around. I modifed the Bi brackets to a Mono. All tight and secured like factory :) I just had to grind off 2 points for the bolts to go through and screw on the mono mounts. Hard to explain.
GL.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Assuming you still have the bip subframe then you need a different bracket or modify the bip bracket.

Checkout this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUCATI-Rear-T...trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1689|293:1|294:50

The reason is that the subframe has a lower mounting point for the catch as the thickness of the bip seat makes the latch plate lower.

I modified my bip bracket by cutting off the captive nuts and fitting some spacers between it and the latch plate and then bought another bracket so that I can swap seats quickly if I want to (but never have).

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can t yet. I have to get the oil pressure suiwtch hole retapped because the idiot of a previous owner used a non-OEM crush washer and he overtorqued the part and stripped the female threads. The male threads are fine though.

I took the bike to the shop to get a plug put in and retapped.

I told em to drain the oil, do the job and then reuse my 200miles old oil Mobil1 Racing4T :)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
can t yet. I have to get the oil pressure suiwtch hole retapped because the idiot of a previous owner used a non-OEM crush washer and he overtorqued the part and stripped the female threads. The male threads are fine though.

I took the bike to the shop to get a plug put in and retapped.

I told em to drain the oil, do the job and then reuse my 200miles old oil Mobil1 Racing4T :)
Why? Isn't spending an extra 40 Bucks worth the peace of mind to assure there is no contamination of the old oil?? Eh, I'm just crazy i guess-why waste good oil right? I just couldn't bring myself to trust that they would keep the oil devoid of all outside contaminants.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts