Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know the size of the two bolts that attach the mono tail fairing to the subframe on a 999S?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I don't think the tail attaches to the sub-frame at all. it attaches to the seat... is that what you were asking?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two bolts that mount from under the fairing that help attach the entire seat/tail unit to the bike. You have the two at the side of the seat, the two in question and the alloy plug at the rear. My tech forgot to fasten the two subframe bolts and I thought I just swing by a hardware store on the way home today and pick up the bolts and washers

·
Registered
797 Posts
2 bolts (Ducati specials) hold the tail-bodywork to the frame, once you see them you will want the Ducati OEM stuff, as they have a large heads, and a long shoulder, then the treaded area.

Then there are 2 bolts that hold the seat to the subframe, a total of 4 bolts....

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Their is a guy in England selling Titanium versions. Check it out on EbayUK. Sorry don't know the thread size. M8 I suspect.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Part number "779.1.286.2A" Screws from the side
and
"771.5.067.2BB" screws from the bottom

This may help you if you order it online. I don't know the size/thread.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
pretty shure th bolts that go in vertically are m6 and quite short.should be easy to get little allen head with washers to do the trick.the ones from the side are specific to ducati

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for your replies, Chuck I appreciate the offer. I'll shoot you a note if the M6's don't work out.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
The M6's will work just fine...... It's what I used after the fancy Duc units fell out. Use a bit of blue lock-tite.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts