Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I remeber a couple of weeks back, I was told that I could shave the rear subframe down on a BIP to accomodate a Mono seat conversion, so heres a pic of the subframe, could some one please tell me, or mark on there where abouts to shave/cut and brief instructions/advice?

Thanks guys,

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would like to know the samething and can you still have a passenger if you put the bipo. tail back on after shaving the subframe

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I will try and get some pics for you from my Dark, which was converted from Biposto to Mono... give me a couple of days, as I don't have it here at home tonight.

You can do it with a Dremmel tool, but it is better to do with an electric saw, and then smooth it out with the Dremmel. You will basically cut diagonally where the horizontal bracket ends... sorry, I'll get you the pics so you see what I mean.

·
Registered
184 Posts
gunsandbikes said:
why not trade, i want a biposto tail.....
Shit ill trade. Ive been on the look out for somebody wanting to trade and never came across anybody, But i might wait to see how he shaved his bipo. tail cause i still might take the girl out every once in a while

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gunsandbikes said:
why not trade, i want a biposto tail.....
Hi, Im deffinatly willing to trade.. whereabouts are you located? I have the silver subframe btw..

Migz: Thanks a lot mate, much apreciate your efforts :)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
racedfila749 said:
Shit ill trade. Ive been on the look out for somebody wanting to trade and never came across anybody, But i might wait to see how he shaved his bipo. tail cause i still might take the girl out every once in a while
you won't want to ride 2-up with a cut-off subframe,unless it's an ex-wife.

·
Registered
463 Posts
kaos said:
Quote of the week - :D

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
racedfila749 said:
... But i might wait to see how he shaved his bipo. tail cause i still might take the girl out every once in a while
Unless you enjoy the smell of the roasting flesh on your passenger's ass ... this is not a recommended thing to do :D ... there is a reason why they created the two different subframes.

·
Registered
184 Posts
kaos said:

I didnt know if tou have to cut a bunch off of the subframe I only thought it was a small part, not being enough to not be able to put the bipo. tail back on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts