Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just acquired a 2012 base Multi which has an electronic module (see pic) under the seat which connects to the battery and wiring loom.
There is a sticker: "Warranty Void if Removed" and a bar code.
There is a disc connected to the module as well.
Does anyone know what this module does please?

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
The box is a tracker and the disk is a GPS antenne. If you don't know a name of the security company which supports this device and you won't to use this service it would be better to disconnect this device and take it off. Old style tracker can discharge your accumulator while a long idle. My company in Russia makes the same, but more modern, with inside antennas.
Our device LOCARUS 15 like a stack of 10 credit cards in volume and and can be connected to accu for whole month while idle, with safety for next start. It designed for commercial trucks, not for motorcycle, but I tested it on my own Multi :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Anakin, that sounds right.
I have disconnected the module from the battery but the module is still wired into the loom.
Is that ok or should it be cut out completely?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Disconnect it with care, and marking all wires previously. After each step make a test with engine starting. Maybe tech made something for the alarm procedure. Distant engine stop, for example.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Anakin
When I disconnected the module from the battery the bike definitley gained performance. I wonder if the module could act as a restrictor as well?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't think that. Maybe it is some psychological effects :)
If the service company can restrict the engine power of MTS simultaneously with GPS monitoring, for young rider, for example...
Or restrict the power in some places in accordance with GPS-position...
No, no... It is fantastic :)
Technically, it is possible, but requires a lot of time and money for high-qualified guys. VERY GOOD guys! I can't imagine such team.
Moreover, those who don't mark their genious product with their own logo ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I owned a 2010 Multi for 4 years which I just sold to buy the 2012 model and I always thought the 2012 model was sluggish until I disconnected the module and then the power came in.
I wonder why the module is spliced into the loom if it is only a satellite tracker.
Wouldn't it be enough to just connect to the battery?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sure, it would enough for the tracking just to connect device to the power source.
It is sad that you can't find the mark and model of the device. It would be interesting to read about on their site. But now I can't say more. Like we say, "Remote research it is like the curing of a hemorrhoid through the photo" :)
If it don't matter, can you open the box and make a pics of the plate(s) inside? Both sides. Almost all manufacturers mark their PCB like we are, for example.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I remembered that in some markets is prohibited a power of bike engine more than 100 hp. In Japan or in France MTS1200 programmed to give only 100 hp. Maybe this device allows to increase the power while the bike rides overseas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes thats true. This bike I have was made for the US market and it seemed that when I disconnected the module then the full power was released.
I'm still curious as to why the module was wired into the loom of the bike.
I'll try to contact the previous owner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts