Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of the first Hypers back in 07 Red S.... one of the best bikes I've owned... 17k later thinking of adding more toys to her... had a couple questions...

*For the guys who done cams, Pistons, valves, Full system etc...

1.Is it just me or have you notice milage get better... 100-110 miles per tank ...

2.Slipper Clutch question I had STM Evolution Slipper... I went through clutchs every 2-3k is that normal ? Standard pack went bad approx 10k

3. Is there better clutch solution out there... maybe APTC clutch or something

4. Larger Gas-tank "cyclewerks"; "anyone Dyno it with all the engine work done ?" also if the pod filters help or deter from powerband? vs airbox?

5.Front Suspension... talked to NCR rep this weekend... they mention there setup $5400.. 46mm Ohlins offset triple clamp etc...true supermoto setup... outside the price the spec was very different from the Marzochi I have on my bike... is there lower cost alternative... out there... same results maybe not as pretty... Ive done the springs and oil front suspension which is alot better then stock...

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I bought one of the first Hypers back in 07 Red S.... one of the best bikes I've owned... 17k later thinking of adding more toys to her... had a couple questions...

*For the guys who done cams, Pistons, valves, Full system etc...

1.Is it just me or have you notice milage get better... 100-110 miles per tank ...

2.Slipper Clutch question I had STM Evolution Slipper... I went through clutchs every 2-3k is that normal ? Standard pack went bad approx 10k

3. Is there better clutch solution out there... maybe APTC clutch or something

4. Larger Gas-tank "cyclewerks"; "anyone Dyno it with all the engine work done ?" also if the pod filters help or deter from powerband? vs airbox?

5.Front Suspension... talked to NCR rep this weekend... they mention there setup $5400.. 46mm Ohlins offset triple clamp etc...true supermoto setup... outside the price the spec was very different from the Marzochi I have on my bike... is there lower cost alternative... out there... same results maybe not as pretty... Ive done the springs and oil front suspension which is alot better then stock...
1. your lucky, I only get 70 to at most 80 mpg :(

2. Slipper clutches DO wear out faster, remember they "work" going & slowing :rolleyes:

3. Stick with the 12T clutch plates, their much cheaper than the 48T to replace

4. The tank increases range, but limits performance intake upgrades (no room)

4A. Performance intakes are said to add 3 t0 5HP (TPO, DUCSHOP) over the
open up stock airbox.

4B. I will post all my dyno runs in the near future, I'm up to 102HP at the
rear wheel now

5. Racetech, Traxxion, both have a fork kit, I here Ohlins will be coming out
with a cartridge kit soon.

Aloha Alex

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I took the training wheels off last week and I feel a little faster :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
My take on dropping $10k on mods to really not to be worth it to me. I guess if you race the HM it maybe worth it. $2500 for an exhaust that only yeilds 5hp... not worth it.
$5400 for an NCR front suspension setup..."F" that.
I would rather take the money and by another bike.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yep, 5400 bucks will buy you a nicely prepped KTM 450SMR to race and park right next to your Hyper. I typically see about 80-85 miles before the light comes on - and I usually pull into a station at around 100 miles or so, and fill up with about 3 gallons - that's commuting. Gettin' it on in the mountains - it's a lot worse. But check this out - on the way back from the GP at Laguna, I filled up in Santa Barbara and made it all the way to El Toro road. That was like 140 miles south - it still only took 3 gallons. I thought that was pretty good. 800 bucks for a fuel tank? I'll pass... I'm rambling, but, For 2 years before I bought my Hyper, I owned an '06 KTM 625 SMC. 90 miles to a tank was a miracle. Compared to that, the Hyper's a freakin' Gold Wing...

·
Registered
400 Posts
4. The tank increases range, but limits performance intake upgrades (no room)

4A. Performance intakes are said to add 3 t0 5HP (TPO, DUCSHOP) over the
open up stock airbox.
Still just claims in my book and going to pods with the tank is probably about the same an open airbox.

Went on a 175 mile ride today. Filled up prior. Still have 45 miles or so before I have to get fuel. Well worth the guestimated loss of 1.5 HP's. Now I need a better seat.

·
Registered
174 Posts
How does the Hyper wheelie with the big tank?
Just fine. First of course is no issue, and second comes up very nice for me. Seems very balanced for wheelies with a bit more gas.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just got a DP Slipper installed the other week. Considering there's slippage on release from new, just wondering what the signs are for replacement?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slipper Use...

I just got a DP Slipper installed the other week. Considering there's slippage on release from new, just wondering what the signs are for replacement?

Good question... for me I notice slippage through out the power band.. also it was pointed out to me my basket was defective... so replacement made it better... but similar wear...

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the street DP slipper and it is worth every penny IMHO. I also have the Termi 2/1 kit.
The power increase was nice (9%) but the best thing is how smooth the bike is now.

FWIW the Termi was $1700 and the clutch $535 on fleabay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts