Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I still think you did an amazing job. In that the outcome looks so good, so....right. If I hadn't followed the build, I might be easily led to believe that it's a factory experiment or some such thing.......sean

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I still think you did an amazing job. In that the outcome looks so good, so....right. If I hadn't followed the build, I might be easily led to believe that it's a factory experiment or some such thing.......sean
thanks! i appreciate it

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
update: well i've put about 150miles on it so far.. had to do a little re-configuring on the rear brake bracket (cut about 5mm out of it), swapped the wavy rotor for a ebc solid circle, and am still dialing the speedo in because the different wheel and bolt circle size... but besides that it is a complete bast of a bike, handles well, suspension feels great, really happy
IMG_20200523_094307.jpg
IMG_20200523_094428.jpg

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Looks great and I'm happy it turned out this well--Everything looks correct nothing looks out of place---except the ft disk lol--We are going to harass you enough where you change to a nice big 4LS ft brake. But seriously mate it looks great I would love to have that in my garage

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
because of all those bevel twins that had a 4ls brake?
No just because on that build it would look perfect--at least to me lol

Reactions: Kalyx

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You cant say this would not look sexy as hell

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
haha.. well i still have pantah frame that has been chopped and a 750 motor, so maybe i will throw my 4ls on that build

·
Registered
71 Posts
update: well i've put about 150miles on it so far.. had to do a little re-configuring on the rear brake bracket (cut about 5mm out of it), swapped the wavy rotor for a ebc solid circle, and am still dialing the speedo in because the different wheel and bolt circle size... but besides that it is a complete bast of a bike, handles well, suspension feels great, really happy
View attachment 986170 View attachment 986171
I'm curious why/where you had to cut out the 5mm on the bracket? Also, what specifically made you swap the front disc out? Do you plan on putting a cover on the clutch?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
You can see the line of the weld right under where the caliper is on the rear, I did it because the rotor for the ktm 690 hub on there is smaller than the one for the monster swing arm/brake plate/caliper I used. I also had to cut and lower where the pick-up hole for speedo sensor is because it is a different bolt circle than a Ducati hub.. not sure what you mean swapping the front disc out, the front forks are sv1000 and the hub is from an rd350, I adapted a bigger brembo rotor to that hub and fork combo, but I didn't swap to disc or anything. People keep saying I should put a 4ls on the front, haha, but I'm not going to put one on the bike.. as for the clutch cover, I do have a carbon one, and a half cover, can't decide what I like though

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Thanks! Same reach as any early bevel 750 860 or 900 with clip-ons, Not too bad for around town or in the mountains.. definitely not a touring bike, haha

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Got it all dialed in now.. had a good shake down in the ga/NC/SC mountains today with a buddy of mine.. my god a fun bike
IMG_20200611_111021.jpg
IMG_20200611_131039.jpg
IMG_20200611_123737.jpg
IMG_20200611_123729.jpg

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I love it ---Not bad for a pile of junk sitting in the corner of the shed rolflmfao

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,052 Posts
If I knew how to find that thread about cool bikes on this site I’d post this one for sure. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

121 - 140 of 149 Posts