Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ALL in ALL, I LOVE this forum....Best one I've seen around!
But I have a dumb ?/suggestion for the moderators that I'm sure has been brought up before...But since various models each have their OWN section, has anyone thought of making a section for XX9 models...I mean, the "Superbike" category is pretty broad....It would be nice to be able to see model specific info in its' own area....Just a thought..
NOT trying to tell you how to do your jobs...Just providing a solution to a thought/question/suggestion....
Thanks!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Lol...not an arguing forum, just a different section...a 848/1098/1198 section....you can call it "The NEW bike" section...doesn't matter to me. I just think it would B nice to not have to dig thru threads, etc...alot of people title their threads vary vaguely & until you read it, you don't know which bike they're refering to...
If there was either a 749/999 or 1098/848/1198 section, the reader could just go to their section & read about their model....just my opinion...:D

Since I'm outta state, I'm spending ALOT of time thread searching for 999 info/mods/etc....If their was a section for the 749/999...you'ld just have to look their, instead of thread searching under a million topics
(999 mods/999 reviews/999 parts/etc...you get the idea...)

In the superbike section, you have the 749/848/916/996/998/999/1098/1198 etc....that's alot of models & I see others have their own sections.....

·
Registered
729 Posts
Actually, we just need a 848/1098 vs 749/999 arguing forum, thats all. Nobody cares about having a specialized forum for anything else. :rolleyes:

LOL :abduct:

Why, did you finally get one and looking to start an argument? :D just kidding..

I kinda like it the way it is - thats why there's a search button. :think:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Oh yeah...

I think the 1198 and 1198s and 1198r section should be separate from the 848 1098 section... those bikes are OLD!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lol...not an arguing forum, just a different section...a 848/1098/1198 section....you can call it "The NEW bike" section...doesn't matter to me. I just think it would B nice to not have to dig thru threads, etc...alot of people title their threads vary vaguely & until you read it, you don't know which bike they're refering to...
If there was either a 749/999 or 1098/848/1198 section, the reader could just go to their section & read about their model....just my opinion...:D

Since I'm outta state, I'm spending ALOT of time thread searching for 999 info/mods/etc....If their was a section for the 749/999...you'ld just have to look their, instead of thread searching under a million topics
(999 mods/999 reviews/999 parts/etc...you get the idea...)

In the suprbike section, you have the 749/848/916/996/998/999/1098/1198 etc....that's alot of models & I see others have their own sections.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
but what if i want to talk about the 1199RR? we clearly need a "bikes ducati WILL build and if they arnt going to somebody ought to friggin build them" section :rolleyes:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Because so many things carry over from one Superbike model to another, it would make finding information more difficult. Not that it wouldn't be nice to have little sub-forums, but there comes a point when things are segregated a little much. Personally I like the current way.

·
Registered
274 Posts
"In the suprbike section, you have the 749/848/916/996/998/999/1098/1198 etc....that's alot of models & I see others have their own sections."

Now I know why I can't find anything about my748..That model has been removed???
Dolph Eley

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No one cares for the 748...that's Y we didn't incude it...sorry

;)"

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry Johnny!!! I thought this site was for all models of Ducati; or so it was when I joined in 2004, not yesterday!!
Dolph Eley

·
Administrator
12,913 Posts
We have tried sub forums on the first site and had many discussions of how to set up the forums as models are added and evolve but at this point it works well the way we have it. There is some great search tools to use if you need to find information and here is a thread on that: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=30495

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Here's another, just to help you along with this forum business (cause you're not too good at this):

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

~Dumb Moderator
(your words, not mine :eek:)

Been there...read that...loved the film...I'm not real good @ it, I know...but I was just asking a ?....Nice to know asking ?s or making comments gets these responses from the people running it...real mature....Lol
Maybe I just need to get laid...By being outta town for close to 30d now, my 3rd eye is backed up....
(I keep saying...."It was just a ?"....WTF?)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
We have tried sub forums on the first site and had many discussions of how to set up the forums as models are added and evolve but at this point it works well the way we have it. There is some great search tools to use if you need to find information and here is a thread on that: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=30495

Thanks Scott!
Guess I'll B changing my signature soon...it'll relate better for some of you...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Come on, who's startin' the argument! :rolleyes:

LOL :abduct:
Why is it an argument has to be started....I just asked a frickin' ? to the MODERATORS....?
(I know you were j/k)....but I gotta say to some:

I'm not comprehending why some people on these forums get so worked up? Geez....pop a Valium! Last time I checked, this is an open forum for ALL Ducati owners...didn't know I had to "run" my ?s by someone for approval to post?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts