Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day 1 with my new 2012 1100 Evo SP , and I mean pretty much new. It was bought new from the dealer last March and just 555 miles on it , great bike. BUT time to start getting some must have mods. What mods you recommend and where are you buying them from?
I will most likely do some simple items at first then a bit more over the winter. I am looking for best rear license/fender delete kit, new rizomino ( or similar) brake and clutch resivoirs , grips, shift and brake lever, Maybe bar risers ( I am 6'3:") air box mod, etc. over the winter possible Termignoni slip ons or full exhaust.
Thanks for any tips

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Get the suspension set up for your weight. Full exhaust Air Box Mod and
ECU reflash really wakes these bikes up power wise. Next would be intake
kit and Dyno Tune after that you are spending big dollars this is pretty much
it as far as big returns for money spent.

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
992 Posts
The SP already comes with bar risers from the factory, it's one of the differences over the standard or S models.

It depends upon what you're looking to do. If you want the power and tuning dialed in as well as it can be, then focus towards getting a custom dyno tune and getting the ECU re-flashed. Velocity stacks are awesome things on this bike- just do a search.

I recommend going up a couple of teeth in the rear or dropping down a tooth on the front. It makes the bike more usable/comfortable at lower speeds even without sacrificing top end.

I can't really comment on the reservoirs, grips, etc as it's all personal taste and style. Do some searches in Google Images for Ducati reservoirs and find your favorite style. :)

The Evotech tailtidy is a nice one but not sure they make them anymore. I'm sure there are still other options out there.

While I don't have one, a steering stabilizer can go a long way in reducing head shake especially under hard power when the front gets light- which it will do often. :)

Welcome to the club.

·
Tightly Clenched...
962 Posts
Picked up my second 1100 EVO a month or so ago, won't be back home till mid-August but have everything lined up to begin modding immediately: Aviacompositi tail section with complimentary Race seat recovered with Luimoto seat cover. Mivv two into one cat-less headers feeding a Fresco muffler (shorter muffler length than the Termi and other pipes I looked at) balanced on the intake side with WaspWorks PUK. Other than some carbon fibre bits and bobs not much else besides a sticker kit. I was always happy with the suspension on the previous EVO I owned in 2011 so I'll set it up to suit me and my riding and forget.

Aviacompositi bought direct from the manufacturer in Italy, same with the Fresco muffler. Headers, carbon fibre and seat from eBay. Seat cover from Luimoto and PUK from Todd at Intake Express in Bunbury.

Oh and 14 tooth front sprocket.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone
Track day and suspension on tap within the next couple of weeks... i did get a complete new set of TERMIGNONI slip ons at a good deal , but they do not come with the ECU. I am guessing the SLC Ducati dealer would have a flash for exhaust? Or ?

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
Times are dire when it comes to our beloved 08-12 tards. So little companies still carry stuff for them. At least DP accessories which are pretty much extinct. You may have luck with old farts getting rid of things here and there on this site but expect slim pickings. Im lucky enough to have found one with all the bells and whistles and fortunate to be able to hop on the deals once they pop up. Good luck, they are still fantastic bikes in stock and unmolested form.

Also, reflash the ecu! Thats a mod I can almost guarantee you can have done everywhere.

·
Registered
62 Posts
No sparkles...just performance on mine.
ECU flashed
Quick change rear +3T
Dumped the 180 rear - Pirelli Scorpion Trail II F/R, 170 rear
Power Commander and dyno tuned
Cat eliminated - exhaust flap opened
Stock cans
Purrs like a kitten, screams like a pissed-off Banshee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts