Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be nice to have one thread that we could post picures of our mods on our bikes. This will be a resource for all of us interested in cool projects and improvements.

Can the moderator make this a sticky please?

I'll start. So far I've got the bar end mirrors, frame sliders, axle sliders, clutch slave cylinder, tail tidy, home made radiator guard and a ram mount camera/gps mount. Oh and a few stickers :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
First round of mods with more to come. The carbon fiber heat shield and radiator guards are thanks to Guido at Shift Tech!! The open clutch cover and pressure plate are by MPL Tuning of Germany. Of course the Termignoni's look good and sound better. The astute eye will notice the carbon front fender on my base and that it's not Streetfighter spec. It's off my 996 and fits fine, just styled slightly differently. I have to get one of those clip things for the front brake line I suppose. Not pictured is my carbon closed sprocket cover, also from my 996. And to top it all off, my two lids, an Arai Corsair V Randy Red, brand new to go with the bike, and my old standby HJC AC12 carbon fiber. :D:D

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
I thought it would be nice to have one thread that we could post picures of our mods on our bikes. This will be a resource for all of us interested in cool projects and improvements.

Can the moderator make this a sticky please?

I'll start. So far I've got the bar end mirrors, frame sliders, axle sliders, clutch slave cylinder, tail tidy, home made radiator guard and a ram mount camera/gps mount. Oh and a few stickers :)

I like your custom lower radiator guard! Detials please, how did you construct it?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like your custom lower radiator guard! Detials please, how did you construct it?
Wire mesh from the hardware store, cut to shape and painted black with engine enamel paint. Used the rubber stuff made to mount screen doors in their frames, split it open longways with a razor blade and slid it around the edge of the wire mesh. Wrapped it with some wire to hold it in place at the corners. . Once all together, I sprayed the whole thing with high heat engine enamel. Used zip ties and wire to mount to the bike. I made one for the top radiator too! Put it on yesterday.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys,

Long time lurker over from the Ducatimonster.org site. Thinking of selling the
S4R for a SF S. I'd like to see a 1098/superbike looking exhaust on one of these. Dual cans under the seat. Also, what is the general consensus on clip ons for a SF?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Hey guys,

Long time lurker over from the Ducatimonster.org site. Thinking of selling the
S4R for a SF S. I'd like to see a 1098/superbike looking exhaust on one of these. Dual cans under the seat. Also, what is the general consensus on clip ons for a SF?
Don't think clipons would work on the the sf unless you use in combo with bar risers, their's only a tiny bit of clearance with the standard bars coming into contact with the tank

Chris

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ken,

Just wondering how the Passport does on a bike in terms of getting your attention when it alerts. I had a Valentine 1 mounted on my FJR1300 but could never hear the thing and was not in my line of sight well enough to notice when it was going off. So I bought one of those aftermarket lights that worked through a transmitter mounted in my helmet to flash when it was alerting. It worked for about 6 months then it died. Short of a full bluetooth system I just gave up on having a radar detector.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ken,

Just wondering how the Passport does on a bike in terms of getting your attention when it alerts. I had a Valentine 1 mounted on my FJR1300 but could never hear the thing and was not in my line of sight well enough to notice when it was going off. So I bought one of those aftermarket lights that worked through a transmitter mounted in my helmet to flash when it was alerting. It worked for about 6 months then it died. Short of a full bluetooth system I just gave up on having a radar detector.
I have the same system you had...... H.A.R.D. LED in the helmet. I have only had it for a week and so far it works. Did the batteries die on yours? I hope mine lasts more than 6 months.
Ken

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the same system you had...... H.A.R.D. LED in the helmet. I have only had it for a week and so far it works. Did the batteries die on yours? I hope mine lasts more than 6 months.
Ken
It wasn't the battery. It was either a broken wire or electronics. I talked with the owner who was a vendor at one if the AMA races and he told me to send it in so they could fix it. I sent it in for the repair but they never sent it back. First email I sent they said they didn't know anything about it. I sent them the tracking number to show they received it and they never responded. I got busy and forgot about it for a while then decided to forget about it. Hopefully you will have better luck than I.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It wasn't the battery. It was either a broken wire or electronics. I talked with the owner who was a vendor at one if the AMA races and he told me to send it in so they could fix it. I sent it in for the repair but they never sent it back. First email I sent they said they didn't know anything about it. I sent them the tracking number to show they received it and they never responded. I got busy and forgot about it for a while then decided to forget about it. Hopefully you will have better luck than I.
Man, I would be more pissed off at the aholes that you sent it back to than the fact that it stopped working.
Ken

·
Registered
107 Posts
I know I should have been more persistent. It had broken a long time before I ran into him at the race and I figured it was a broken wire. Had I not run into him at the race I wouldn't have thought about hetting repaired anyway. Not sure how much the repair would have been but at that point i didn't care to spend any more money with them.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Right Here goes then !

Up to now
1.Home made Termi,s
2.Carbon Exhaust shield (Carboniotech)
3.Carbon swingarm cover (Carbon trader)
4.Billet red front sprocket cover (Ebay Italy somewhere)
5.New Black Clutch slave (Carbon trader)
6.R & G Tail tidy
7.R & G Bobbins
8. Gilles shorty levers (Shift tech)
9.Evr Slipper clutch (Shift tech)
10. Rizoma Fluid reservoirs (Moore speed racing)
11. Ventureshield paint protection
12. R & G Radiator covers
13. Race clutch cover (ottimoto)
14. Right side footpeg spacers (homemade)
15. DP red oil plug
16. Billet bar ends (K-bike.it)

On order.
Carbon Rad sides
Carbon Keyguard

Hers a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Thanks Ken. It needs a wash its full of flies from last night.

Off for 1st service tomorrow & they are changing the front fork leg as per the recall.
Nice of them to let me risk death for 600 miles first ..!!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Blackie... looking good... nice job.
You should make a formal complaint that they allowed you to ride something that had been deemed unsafe and dangerous elsewhere in the world.
Many people bash the US for its insane litigation laws and surely the system is abused by idiots, but in situations such as this it has the right effect!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Oh dont worry . They will be getting ripped a new arsehole when i get there tomorrow. I line for more free bits methinks

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I still don't know why you call them termi's and put the stickers on them.. you should name them blackie's and put some sticker of you design on instead of giving termignoni credit for your nifty handywork.
Up to now
1.Home made Termi,s
2.Carbon Exhaust shield (Carboniotech)
3.Carbon swingarm cover (Carbon trader)
4.Billet red front sprocket cover (Ebay Italy somewhere)
5.New Black Clutch slave (Carbon trader)
6.R & G Tail tidy
7.R & G Bobbins
8. Gilles shorty levers (Shift tech)
9.Evr Slipper clutch (Shift tech)
10. Rizoma Fluid reservoirs (Moore speed racing)
11. Ventureshield paint protection
12. R & G Radiator covers
13. Race clutch cover (ottimoto)
14. Right side footpeg spacers (homemade)
15. DP red oil plug
16. Billet bar ends (K-bike.it)

On order.
Carbon Rad sides
Carbon Keyguard

Hers a pic

1 - 20 of 91 Posts