Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

921 - 940 of 960 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Roger Watsen of Watsens Micro Alloy indicators is developing a thinner even more micro indicator for me. This would be about the same height as the LED arrays tube.
This would allow me to make a single row in red or smoke and have the outboard indicators.
Like the dual row with indicators but thinner

The idea itself was to keep it as slick as possible so it wouldn't obstruct the flow of the frame, and to make the mounting almost invisible. Also I live in CA where road laws are pretty tight and I haven't ran into a single problem yet regarding the flashing red with brake. I have bar end turn signals that flash amber as well. If I were to redo it I would get the full brake light without integrated turn signals.
I looked at all sorts of different methods folks used to mount their tail lights and nothing struck my fancy, they were too bulky, had no flow, or steeply overpriced.
Nevertheless looking forward to what you come up with as a solo unit mount.

Cheers.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ti plugs

Made some Ti frame plugs for the ol' girl. The ones on the market all had center bolts or were too flashy. I wanted something simple and classic, so I made some of my own. Very happy with how they turned out. Rode with them on the bike for about 1k miles and they sitting solid.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Made some Ti frame plugs for the ol' girl. The ones on the market all had center bolts or were too flashy. I wanted something simple and classic, so I made some of my own. Very happy with how they turned out. Rode with them on the bike for about 1k miles and they sitting solid.
Beautiful! Did you think about selling some? Did you try to anodize them black?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Beautiful! Did you think about selling some? Did you try to anodize them black?
Yes I have sold a few to interested parties. I like the natural color of titanium so therefore thats why I left them raw. Titanium doesn't anodize like aluminum does, but I wouldn't have a problem making them from aluminum and anodizing any desired color. Send me a PM if you're interested. Cheers

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ducabike

Been a super long time since posting here... I got the itch to finally complete some mods I've been wanting to do for years.

Ducabike rearsets. Installed easily in a few hours. Could have probably done it quicker but I took my time.

Oz wheels, 4pad calipers, rotors, chain, front and rear sprockets coming as soon as my Pirelli Rosso Corsa's arrive.
Will post more pics when the wheels get mounted.

Cheers,
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Homemade homologated rearlight+ front indicators for my PS

New home made rear light, indicator and plate late with homologated lights.
No visible cables. CNCed from Aluminium. Right now just polished, maybe i will anodise them black or silver.
Enjoy

Attachments

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,064 Posts
New home made rear light, indicator and plate late with homologated lights.
No visible cables. CNCed from Aluminium. Right now just polished, maybe i will anodise them black or silver.
Enjoy

They look nice!
I'd love to see them lighted.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Paul Smart

Just got my bike back from Nichols Sport Bikes today!!

New OZ Gass Wheels with Pirelli Diablo Rossa Corsa Tires
4p2p Calipers
Brembo HP T-Drive Rotors
Golfer Lines-Platinum
Ducabike Rearsets
Superlight Front/Rear 14/40 Sprockets
Corse Dynamics Ti Rotor Bolts and SS Shock Bolts

......And a tune up to top it all off. Only wish I didn't have to work this weekend as I'm gonna miss the DGR ride again...

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Battery Tray for under seat battery mod

Decided to ditch the stock battery and stick a lighter one under the seat in the electronics compartment to clean up the area between seat and tire. Went with Shorai, needed something to hold it down so CNCed a battery tray. Saved about 7.25 pounds, thats about 3.3kg for the metric folks.
Love the easy access and incognito look. Ill post more pics once I have the wiring done and it mounted. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Decided to ditch the stock battery and stick a lighter one under the seat in the electronics compartment to clean up the area between seat and tire. Went with Shorai, needed something to hold it down so CNCed a battery tray. Saved about 7.25 pounds, thats about 3.3kg for the metric folks.
Love the easy access and incognito look. Ill post more pics once I have the wiring done and it mounted. Cheers!
One mod (under the seat +Shorai) I've never regretted. Just make sure you take that Shorai indoors if temps go below 40F at maximum (50F to be sure).:wink2:

·
Registered
122 Posts
One mod (under the seat +Shorai) I've never regretted. Just make sure you take that Shorai indoors if temps go below 40F at maximum (50F to be sure).:wink2:
Ive don't it on my GT and absolutely loved it. I usually take it indoors during winter months, but have left it out a few times and it was still good. But that was taken into consideration when making the tray, easy in and out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
CNC Front Indicators

Hi all,

this summer i got f**** by the police for using indicators and rear light without homoglated lights. Maybe you know them :). I was lucky to be allowed to drive home but had to pay a fine and collected 1 point, that is active for the next 2.5 years before it will be deleted. (With 8 points you are loosing your licence).

As i loved the look i was thinking back and forth about a street legal solution. With the help of a friend of my neighbour we constructed a housing that use an LED with an e-number so no problems in the future.

We have run a small batch in black and silver, if you are interested in a pair let me know.

Enjoy!

Andreas

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
As i loved the look i was thinking back and forth about a street legal solution. With the help of a friend of my neighbour we constructed a housing that use an LED with an e-number so no problems in the future.

We have run a small batch in black and silver, if you are interested in a pair let me know.
I have to admit that I like the look of the stock tail light and blinkers, just helps with the whole retro feel, but your design is very nicely done.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Hi all,

this summer i got f**** by the police for using indicators and rear light without homoglated lights. Maybe you know them :). I was lucky to be allowed to drive home but had to pay a fine and collected 1 point, that is active for the next 2.5 years before it will be deleted. (With 8 points you are loosing your licence).

Enjoy!

Andreas
Andreas -

They look great!

How much for a silver pair, shipped to the States?

Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi all,

this summer i got f**** by the police for using indicators and rear light without homoglated lights. Maybe you know them ?. I was lucky to be allowed to drive home but had to pay a fine and collected 1 point, that is active for the next 2.5 years before it will be deleted. (With 8 points you are loosing your licence).

Enjoy!

Andreas

Wow looks awesome! How much for a set to Canada?

921 - 940 of 960 Posts