Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

901 - 920 of 960 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Oh man! I've been wanting to do this clean up and weight reduction. I've been waiting for 06 rearsets to come up for sale, get rid of triangles, and put on Stradafab hangers. We think alike. I hope you don't mind when I do this myself. Looks good!
Yeah I looked around for some '06 rear sets but couldn't find any, and saw these cool ones at Motowheels, (on sale, last pair) so I went for it.

The StradaFab folks do great stuff. I also got some fancy TI frame plugs and a TI oil cap.... felt like I needed something else TI/Alu finish to tie in with the rear sets so they don't stick out so much with everything else being black.

Also I got the carbon heel guards from Bestem USA. their products are great. I had ordered the Carbon front fender from them but after putting it on it was too much carbon and didn't really work with the look I want so I sent it back. But it was gorgeous. If my bike wasn't black I would have kept it.

When you're ready to do it hit me up and I'll tell you all the little bits you need to mount the rear break MC. it's not complicated but it's not included with the rearsets. You can get everything from OEMDucati.com with no significant markup.

Which rearsets did you purchase at Motowheels?
these:

https://motowheels.com/i-18698518-motowheels-monoposto-rearsets-sport-classic-paul-smart.html

but it was their last pair apparently.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Also I got the carbon heel guards from Bestem USA. their products are great. I had ordered the Carbon front fender from them but after putting it on it was too much carbon and didn't really work with the look I want so I sent it back. But it was gorgeous. If my bike wasn't black I would have kept it.
I'll second their products as well. I bought, actually, my wife did and gave to me as a xmas present the Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger for my Paul Smart. Looks great, although I haven't fitted it on the bike just yet.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The StardaFab exhaust hangers are mounted. Looks amazing. Quality and finish are perfect. And it was a breeze to install.

Also check out the Ti frame plugs and oil cap I got from them.

I'm super happy with the result. Can't believe I waited 11 years to do this. StradaFab is awesome and Randy is super kind and helpful. I recommend!

Now I have to ceramic-coat the headers so they look less mangey. But then I think that's it. (Ok maybe some cleaner oil lines...0:))

thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
It looks fantastic! Much cleaner and lighter looking than stock.

I agree about coating the headers - and it keeps the motor cooler as wel - I did it to my Mustang, and was surprised how much cooler the engine runs.

Have you thought about upgrading your front rotors? Those stock Sport Classic rotors are quite heavy. Would make it look nicer as well.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
It looks fantastic! Much cleaner and lighter looking than stock.

I agree about coating the headers - and it keeps the motor cooler as wel - I did it to my Mustang, and was surprised how much cooler the engine runs.

Have you thought about upgrading your front rotors? Those stock Sport Classic rotors are quite heavy. Would make it look nicer as well.
Thanks.

Yes actually I want to put the same ones I have on my 999S which have gold accents on the inside rather than black. But I'm waiting on the next time I have to change my pads too. There's 34k miles on the bike so I've gotten good use of these stock ones, but there's not real hurry on that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got Blinkers?

Searched far and wide for some decent turn signals and couldn't find something I wanted to spend my money on so decided to put my brain to use :grin2: So this is my take on the turn signal situation. I wanted it to look slick, but at the same time highly visible when turned on. Also didn't want to do any permanent hacking or modifications to the stock assembly. The turn signals are Motogadget mBlaze pins mounted to the custom milled bracket I designed. The only hacking was rewiring the stock connector to the turn signals. Im pretty happy with how it turn out, the wiring was minimal and easy to tuck. What ya'll think?

Attachments

·
Mexican Ducatista
912 Posts
Searched far and wide for some decent turn signals and couldn't find something I wanted to spend my money on so decided to put my brain to use :grin2: So this is my take on the turn signal situation. I wanted it to look slick, but at the same time highly visible when turned on. Also didn't want to do any permanent hacking or modifications to the stock assembly. The turn signals are Motogadget mBlaze pins mounted to the custom milled bracket I designed. The only hacking was rewiring the stock connector to the turn signals. Im pretty happy with how it turn out, the wiring was minimal and easy to tuck. What ya'll think?
They look great!
Nice job!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The turn signals are ECE approved.

From their website:
"The bolt-on turn signal is ECE approved as front and rear direction indicator. "
Also, has anyone really been pulled over for not having stock blinkers? :confused:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Also, has anyone really been pulled over for not having stock blinkers? :confused:
It's not about stopping for control. It's about annual inspections that have strengthened in my country (and honestly these rules are stupid). For example: you must pay for vehicle inspection before testing the vehicle and if something is wrong, you will pay more. We pay for annual inspections, even if the vehicle does not drive (eg repair), most motorcyclists do not go all winter.

Anyway, I already know that these LEDs are legal :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tail light

Recently finished up a tail light mod on the GT. Loved the bike from first sight, but hated the fender so it had to go along with the light and was replaced with custom plate mount and tail light. Also in the pictures is the battery mod I did as well. Seen it here on the forums and put my own spin on it. Im a huge fan of clean and simple wiring. Thanks to everyone for the inspiration. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cheap phone holder

I bought this cheap phone holder (with USB port) in Chinese shop. The quality is very good, many people bought it, I can only recommend it.
However, I had to make my own mounting so that the phone would be close to the steering wheel. For safety I also soldered a fuse, which unfortunately is not in the set.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought this cheap phone holder (with USB port) in Chinese shop. The quality is very good, many people bought it, I can only recommend it.
However, I had to make my own mounting so that the phone would be close to the steering wheel. For safety I also soldered a fuse, which unfortunately is not in the set.
How is the vibration from it holding on in just one attachment point?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Installed Carbon Fiber Fairings with titanium hardware

Two days ago I had the pleasure of installing/ fitting Worthing Classics fairings on my bike with NCR Zard exhaust cuts and Speedymoto frame slider boring... so much nicer with the new titanium hardware kit. The same kit StradaFab teamed up with and helped put together.

To install correctly, you need to be patient and loosen all the front fairing bolts. Everything slides forward a bit. I’ll post more detailed shots of the hardware before sending the fairings off for PS Silver paintwork.

www.facebook.com/sportclassicfairings

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
It would be nice to cover the frame a little more
Also a full red array with Flashing red can be a issue with the police.
Nevertheless
The Mount from the top is a nice idea for the GT.
We looked it to this a while back but stuck with the Plate we make.
Did it on a Rack

Might look into it again as a solo unit

Recently finished up a tail light mod on the GT. Loved the bike from first sight, but hated the fender so it had to go along with the light and was replaced with custom plate mount and tail light. Also in the pictures is the battery mod I did as well. Seen it here on the forums and put my own spin on it. Im a huge fan of clean and simple wiring. Thanks to everyone for the inspiration. :grin2:

·
Registered
103 Posts
It would be nice to cover the frame a little more
Also a full red array with Flashing red can be a issue with the police.
Nevertheless
The Mount from the top is a nice idea for the GT.
We looked it to this a while back but stuck with the Plate we make.
Did it on a Rack
Might look into it again as a solo unit
The idea itself was to keep it as slick as possible so it wouldn't obstruct the flow of the frame, and to make the mounting almost invisible. Also I live in CA where road laws are pretty tight and I haven't ran into a single problem yet regarding the flashing red with brake. I have bar end turn signals that flash amber as well. If I were to redo it I would get the full brake light without integrated turn signals.
I looked at all sorts of different methods folks used to mount their tail lights and nothing struck my fancy, they were too bulky, had no flow, or steeply overpriced.
Nevertheless looking forward to what you come up with as a solo unit mount.

Cheers.

901 - 920 of 960 Posts