Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 960 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Which bike did that come off of? ... What about the stator will it handle the light output?
Didn't come off a bike....;) It uses the same H4 bulb as stock, so I installed the Silverstar bulb I was using in the new light. Stock wattage.

As for the headlight lens, I too would love more info on this. I don't ride at night much at all but the few times I did, I wasn't happy with the light output at all. I have a Silverstar bulb that I haven't put in just yet, but man, not only do I think that lens looks really cool (kind of like the SpeedyMoto bike below), you can just look at it and tell that your going to get better light broadcasting than with the stock.
I had to make adaptors to fit the new light into the stock housing. Its a new reflector with glass lens and instead of the little shield that normaly covers the bulb, it has a lens. Like I said, it has a much more even light output. I'll get a couple more "test" (joy?) rides in soon and post up the results. New pic in the daylight:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Secret spy photo of my SE winter mods project. Exhaust, gearing, fluid reservoirs, new tail chop, signals, clutch slave, and other tidbits. So secret even my wife can't see it. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
1. 14 tooth sprocket
2. Termis and ECU
3. Alum. chainguard
4. Bar end mirrors
5. 2-stage heated grips
6. Custom seat cover
7. Vintage pass. peg rubbers
8. Lowered M handlebars
9. Generic fairing, custom paint
10. Vintage Imola windscreen
11. Vintage headlight cover
12. Bologna church key
13. Gauge lowering brackets
14. Oil cooler mesh guard
15. Mesh slot side-covers
16. STM frame plugs
17. Removed turn signal spacers,
cannister and reflectors
18. Horns adjusted tighter to headlamp

Attachments

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Yes, they are multistrada grips...have allowed me to ride a lot more. They have been turned on for every ride so far, even during our Summer!...(The high heat is WAY too HOT!!..even through gloves)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Man, this was harder than I thought. I'm sure I forgot something, but here goes:

Would you mind telling me exactly which three Rizoma reservoirs you used? Was it a simple install, or did you need to tinker to get the brackets and all to work? And lastly, do you think it is exactly the same sizes and set-up for the '06 Sport 1000, compared to the GT 1000? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I used these:

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=59_46&products_id=173&osCsid=89494a2f70b4b0ae4777fe2c4d0e00fc

They will work with any levers that have remote reservoirs, but may take some adapting with the mounting brackets. The Rizomas come with a flat bracket that mounts to the bottom. Also, you may need to replace the hoses depending on how/where you mount them. I converted my GT levers to remote by pulling out the stock reservoirs and installing brembo elbows from a lever rebuild kits one of my local dealers had.

·
Registered
237 Posts
mods

I pulled the horns and remounted one hidden above front cyclinder. The small fairing is a Monster900 carbon fiber with home made mounts (bad pic I know). Love the bike, too cold here in WI so I ride my BMW when down to 30deg, miss ridin my sport.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Fork reflectors

Man - you gotta looze those fork reflectors... Didnt have those buggers in the 70'S.
Would'nt they accidentally rattle of on rough roads?..:eek:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Datsa nice.

41 - 60 of 960 Posts