Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 960 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
nah i just got it back from my 12k service and they cleaned it, thought I'd take a few pics before it got filthy again. Hasn't been that clean since I bought the thing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Modifications

Great thread!!:)
I'll be purchasing a 06 SC1000 next month and plan on lots of modifications. I have a 97 Ducati 916 but have never owned an SC so this thread is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!
Wally Anderson
Ducati 916
72 Honda CB350K4 (race bike) sold this week
91 Suzuki GS500 (race bike) sold this week
03 Kawasaki 500R Ninja FOR SALE

·
Member...where am I?
150 Posts
Ducati Sport 1000 monoposto
Modifications (Not sure if I managed to remember them all)

Alpina Tubeless Spoked Wheels (black and gold)
Ducati Racing Chain (red)
Kuantings Steering Damper Bracket
Motovation Frame Sliders
Oberon Turn Indicators (fron – back on order)
Oehlins Front Forks
Oehlins Rear Suspension
Oehlins Steering Damper SD121
Pazzo Levers (long, gold)
Pirelli Corsa III Tires
Rizoma Conical Grip Ends (red)
Rizoma Grips (gold)
Rizoma Retro Mirror Set (black)
Rhinomoto Fork Sliders
Rhinomoto Swing Arm Sliders
Rizoma Chain Cover (gold)
Rizoma Clutch and Brake Reservoirs (gold)
Rizoma Open Clutch Cover (gold)
Rizoma Pressure Plate and Stainless Steel Springs
Speedymoto Timing Belt Covers (red)
Termignoni Exhausts, ECU and free-flow Airbox

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
This is a great idea. It will save a lot of redundant questions. Many of which would have been asked by me. :)

I have a suggestion, however. The Kawasaki Z1000 forum I used to frequent had a thread dedicated to direct replacement or easily modified part swaps from other bikes. (Ex: Rear shock from 20xx-20xx gsx-r 600/750 is a direct replacement for the Z1K 20xx-20xx OEM shock.)

That machine being Japanese and parts bin special, I'm sure it had a lot more interchangeable parts. But the Sports Classics have to have some too, and they could make for some very easy and inexpensive upgrades. If we could work together to get a comprehensive list, and keep it updated, it would be a great resource.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Ducati Sport 1000 monoposto
Modifications (Not sure if I managed to remember them all)

Motovation Frame Sliders
Bikehead -

Thanks for the post - based on your photos, I checked out Motovation - and ordered the frame and front fork sliders.

Again, thanks!

·
Member...where am I?
150 Posts
Bikehead -

Thanks for the post - based on your photos, I checked out Motovation - and ordered the frame and front fork sliders.

Again, thanks!
Goodonya :)
They really do make nice stuff.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
What was involved with the garage door opener integration...I know there are many products out there. Which did you use?
Ha! Of all the things I listed, how did I know I was giong to get a question on this? :) I did it the hard way. I used an extra remote for my garage door, stripped it down, and activate it with a relay. The relay is activated from the high beam flasher switch, which I modified inside the housing with a diode so the opener wouldn't be on if I had my high beams on, only with the trigger switch. Here's a thread I started on the DML when I first did it, and there are some other people chiming in with suggestions, or how they did theirs:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php/topic,55966.0.html

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Garage Door Opener

wow, i thought i was the only one that was nerdy enough to do a remote garage door control... i approach my garage from a dirt/gravel alley and hated leaving the bike on it's sidestand in the loose stuff to fumble with the keypad on the garage, and could never get the damned remote out of my pocket and operate it with my gloves on.

so i did the "poor man's" version of D's mod - i got an extra remote, opened it up and found the switch contacts, soldered on a pair of wires and then stashed the remote under the seat and ran the wires up under the tank to the headstock. then i made up a little 1/2" wide aluminum bar, drilled both ends and mounted it between the clocks and put in a little red pushbutton in the middle.

it looks pretty OEM and is easy enough to operate with gloves on.

yes, i am a LAZY nerd... :eek:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Latest mods...

Well, I'm not half as nerdy as people think I am, but I'm way more nerdy than I want to be....:)

Nerdy enough to do these latest mods:

I rubberized the ends of my levers. And I made some adaptors to install a projector beam headlight:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Have you had a chance to ride with the new headlight after dark? Inquiring minds need to know.

Well, I'm not half as nerdy as people think I am, but I'm way more nerdy than I want to be....:)

I rubberized the ends of my levers. And I made some adaptors to install a projector beam headlight:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Have you had a chance to ride with the new headlight after dark? Inquiring minds need to know.
Yeah, I rode around about 20 miles after dark the day I installed it. The light pattern is much more even, and more usable than the stock set-up. I put my Silverstar bulb in that I was running before so I coould compare just the lens. Low beam has a nice cut off, just about perfect, and the high beam put a bunch of light right down the road. I'll have to get a couple more rides in to be sure, but for now it's a keeper.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yeah, I rode around about 20 miles after dark the day I installed it. The light pattern is much more even, and more usable than the stock set-up. I put my Silverstar bulb in that I was running before so I coould compare just the lens. Low beam has a nice cut off, just about perfect, and the high beam put a bunch of light right down the road. I'll have to get a couple more rides in to be sure, but for now it's a keeper.
What does rubberised lever ends do:confused::confused:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Which bike did that come off of? I don't like the Stock light patten it cuts off on the left side (kinda of a step) terrible on left hand turns. What about the stator will it handle the light output?

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts

Nerdy is just another word for innovative.:D

I like the rubberized bar ends. Not only does it look kinda cool, I would think that it wouldn't hurt grip at all. +1

As for the headlight lens, I too would love more info on this. I don't ride at night much at all but the few times I did, I wasn't happy with the light output at all. I have a Silverstar bulb that I haven't put in just yet, but man, not only do I think that lens looks really cool (kind of like the SpeedyMoto bike below), you can just look at it and tell that your going to get better light broadcasting than with the stock.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 960 Posts