Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mods or builds are you planning for the winter?

My plans are fairly modest, for the 900 FE at least. The 999 S is a different story :).

Currently, my Ohlins shock is at Cogent for a re-fresh and another 20-30mm of overall length / ride height. Stock, these shocks max out at 340mm overall length. I'm curious what the change in geometry and handling will be with a bit more ride height. The specs for the carby front end geometry list a 24.5* head angle. My measurements show it to be much slacker :eek:. I'll write about this in another post, though.

I've also got an NCR oil cooler to install; a lighter return spring for the FCRs, and an LED kit for the headlight.

Finally, if I can find someone to re-shape and recover the Corbin seat, I may do that as well.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
The specs for the carby front end geometry list a 24.5* head angle. My measurements show it to be much slacker :eek:. I'll write about this in another post, though.

I've also got an NCR oil cooler to install; a lighter return spring for the FCRs, and an LED kit for the headlight.

Finally, if I can find someone to re-shape and recover the Corbin seat, I may do that as well.
FourRings you tease too much... can't wait for the write-up and pics on several of these projects.

Regards

Muddy

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,283 Posts
FourRings you tease too much...
Whoa,Whoa,WHOA!!! Judge not lest ye be judged my friend.

Seems to me I recall that some unnamed individual (Hint - user name starts with an "M" continues with an "uddy" and ends with a "60" :wink2:) had his own top secret build underway using the Studio Moto DB900SS (Pic 1) for inspiration.

With no formal build thread forthcoming by the aforementioned unnamed individual chronicling the progress of his beguilingly wonderous creation we were all left hanging with but a single teaser pic (Pic 2 - in a tidy organized workspace I might add!) to whet our insatiable appetite. :laugh:

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts