Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, NOT Monster specific - not even Ducati specific question - but I had to place it somewhere and since I have a Monster I might as well place it here. Admins feel free to move it elsewhere.

I found myself looking for my phone too often in my leather jacket pocket, so I thought a mobile phone holder would be a good idea. I have placed an order for UltimateAddons Quick release Helix handlebar bracket and universal phone holder:
https://www.xlmoto.se/ultimate-addons-ua-universal-one-smart-phone-hallare

Question:
How do I use the perforated rubber webbing to secure my phone?
Did I place it right under over the mounting ball-n-socket thingy?
Does it go over the phone's corners?

Can you tell by the pics?

The mount quality is superb by the way - I hope it lasts!

/Dimi

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use Techmount Tech Gripper its low profile, holds just about anything. I have over 10K miles on it with never a drop, always a tight hold, no shaking. I just did 2500 miles in France through the Pyrenees Mt. with some light off road. And I used my Techmount Tech gripper. Fantastic. On and off with two Allen screws, I swap it between my bikes, I take on trips overseas with rental bikes.
You can get it with or without power supply. I use it with the power supply which makes it a little bigger or taller actually. Connects directly to battery and feeds power to your phone or device. Comes with the connection cable for your phone.
Works and looks great.
By far the best deal for under $80.00
I think with out power supply about $50.00
With power supply about $70.00

And no big messy mount.
Highly recommend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use Techmount Tech Gripper its low profile, holds just about anything. I have over 10K miles on it with never a drop, always a tight hold, no shaking. I just did 2500 miles in France through the Pyrenees Mt. with some light off road. And I used my Techmount Tech gripper. Fantastic. On and off with two Allen screws, I swap it between my bikes, I take on trips overseas with rental bikes.
You can get it with or without power supply. I use it with the power supply which makes it a little bigger or taller actually. Connects directly to battery and feeds power to your phone or device. Comes with the connection cable for your phone.
Works and looks great.
By far the best deal for under $80.00
I think with out power supply about $50.00
With power supply about $70.00

And no big messy mount.
Highly recommend.
I have Googled this Techmount Tech Gripper- Nice!
But does it really hold the phone only with those two arms on each side? Nothing else? How safe is this?

The reason I chose UltimateAddons solution was that I can be moved between bikes without tools.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts