Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, thanks to an advertisement banner on this board I found out that NAPA auto parts stores are having a sale on Mobil 1 oil. Initially I thought the sale might only be for the stuff they sell alot of (5w-30, etc.) but it turns out the sale includes 15w-50 grade which a number of dry clutch folks use. The sale price is $5.89 per quart.

Just a heads up and not an invitation to start an oil war thread.

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Thanks. That's not a bad deal and I'm due for an oil change.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Or you could just hit up your local wal-mart and get a 5 quart jug of it for the everyday low price of about $25.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or you could just hit up your local wal-mart and get a 5 quart jug of it for the everyday low price of about $25.

Not sure about the left coast but I haven't been able to find 15w-50 in a 5 quart container.

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Not bad either, and I haven't looked in Wal-Mart. Frankly, the place scares me a little... But, I only need 4 Qts (really more like 3.75), and I normally don't need to top off between changes. Not sure what I do with the extra quart. Maybe save up? Every 4th oil change for free? I have a quart of Mobil 1 15-50 from last year already on hand (I use 15-50 when it gets colder, but I like AmsOil 20-50 for the summer), so I only need to buy 3QTs for an oil change that I will do later today after a ride to the local shop for a filter.

·
Mr Leakered
8,820 Posts
Same here. WallyWorld is whacky. We used to only go there for motor oil and contact cleaner. Now that my Wife got her eyes zapped, I only roll in there twice a year.

I do try to snag my oil at other local places if the big jug of T6 is at a decent price.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
406 Posts
There are some things that I go there for and motor oil is one of them because they are by far cheaper than others. But yes, I agree that the place can be scary. It's the clientele that walks in there that's scary.

Regarding the extra oil from a jug, I always like to have extra oil on hand. You never know when you might need it. I typically keep extra of all of the fluids in my cars and bike on hand when I need them.

·
Mr Leakered
8,820 Posts
Regarding the extra oil from a jug, I always like to have extra oil on hand. You never know when you might need it. I typically keep extra of all of the fluids in my cars and bike on hand when I need them.
+1 Along the lines of not to starting a debate and since going to T6, I use the same oil in the Duc, the mower, and both cars. =)

Have a good one.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Tony ...that's a great idea and I should do the same. What weight oil do you run in your bike and cars? I run 5w30 Mobil 1 in my SUV and crossover thing but 15w40 in the st3. Can I run 5/30 in the bike, too?

·
Mr Leakered
8,820 Posts
I was using the M1 15w-50 in the ST and 5W-30 in the cars, but have been using Rotella T6 5w-40 in everything for about the past 18mo. Not sure if it has anything due to it, but the Duc drain magnet and screen has been spotless since.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
I was using the M1 15w-50 in the ST and 5W-30 in the cars, but have been using Rotella T6 5w-40 in everything for about the past 18mo. Not sure if it has anything due to it, but the Duc drain magnet and screen has been spotless since.

Have a good one.
with that point you have me thinking I ought to just run Rotella 15-40 in everything I have. I use it in the Log Truck and equipment...:D 12.78 a gallon.

·
Mr Leakered
8,820 Posts
It might be unrelated. Around 52k, everything seemed to have finally settled in. I have a valve check coming up in about 1,500mi (63k). I'm curious to see what the gaps are. I've been swapping out less shims to stay at LT's specs.

It is nice to have just one type on the shelf.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
MCD, Where did you find the NAPA add and is that for the 4T oil or regular Mobil 1?
I have been using the 4t sport version about 10.99 qt

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MCD, Where did you find the NAPA add and is that for the 4T oil or regular Mobil 1?
I have been using the 4t sport version about 10.99 qt
It was a flash add on the front page of this board. You can also go to Napa's site and I believe they have an add promoting the sale there. Also, it is for regular Mobil 1 which is fine for those of us with dry clutches but not for those with wet clutches.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I believe this is the link. NAPA also says something about getting a 10% discount if you order it for local pickup, might want to read all the small print....
NAPA AUTO PARTS

J

·
0 Posts
Oil War !!!

OH no did you start another oil war,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MOTUL 300 THE BEST....:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts