Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When my folks asked what i wanted for a Christmas present this year i sort of pushed the boat out and although it was ordered at the start of December it wasn't delivered in time for the big day. However, it did arrive this week. In a very light box:

Totally worth the wait, pretty isn't it? It was even delivered in it’s own branded bag:

It is from Ilmberger Carbon Parts and is the full carbon type rather than the carbon / fibreglass laminate variety and has some nice details like reinforced edges, logos and a signature by the guy who cast it..... um who was called "brian" as far as I can tell.

Anywho, despite hearing some horror stories about fitment of aftermarket fairing parts i had no problems. It lined up really well, all the holes were pre-drilled and spot on. The only thing i had to do was loosen the rear wheel to let it slip between it and the over-brace on the swingarm.

My brother got me a carbon chain guard for Christmas too, it completes the look, really pleased.

Cont...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...An unexpected benefit was that this hugger splays out further than the OEM version and makes the tyre profile look a little larger. It also helps with any fears I had of tyre rub:

I think it looks great, recommended if you have some spare cash or generous present givers...

·
Registered
590 Posts
I looked at them last year and put on my wish list along with belt covers, pure quality.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, one of the few things i've ever owned from new for a bike. I was looking at slightly cheaper ones from here: Moto-vision. Which are fibreglass with a carbon coating. I don't know if it would have been as good but the quality on this one is really nice.

And I had to do something about my OEM hugger and chainguard, they the previous owner's paint job looked OK but close up looked like this:

:eek:

How are your electrical woes working out Frank?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi Cookie, the previous owner deserves to be flogged!

Thanks' for asking, thankfully the 'Wizard of Oz' aka 'Punch' is on the case and i am extremely confident of a solution. I am taking a trip up into the mountains tomorrow to meet my friend again and go through Punch's preliminary diagnosis. I will keep everyone posted on progress but i do think the ignition is the culprit!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice! That is a trick bit. I've seen some CF bits that look like garbage, the Ilmberger stuff looks great.

I need to introduce your family to my family and see if their present giving generosity rubs off.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts