Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Mj: stick to basketball

4965 Views 53 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  m1a1dvr
G
Is anyone else completely disgusted and annoyed with Mj jumping over to superbike racing? i saw the leathers when i was watching daytona...i was like atleast make a new label...how does his insignia relate to motorcycles...im sorry i respect him as the best basketball player of all time...seems like a great guy...but it really errks me that hes into bikes...it doesnt seem genuine...anyone else feel this too?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
He owns a racing team. He seems genuinely interested and enthusiastic about motorcycles. I think Jordan will have a positive influence on the sport and increase public awareness.

His logo is his. He can use it on anything he chooses to endorse. It is no more silly to have the JumpMan logo on a race bike than to have Marlboro sponsor a race team.

· Registered
84 Posts
If he is courting stunters, all the better. Perhaps some young kids will choose to take their skills in a new direction. I'd much rather have them get involved in amature racing than in stunting on the freeways.

· Registered
84 Posts
Rainman said:
Why pick on Marlboro?
They have been in racing longer than you have been alive Hickey, unless you are older than me.

They have as much a racing heritage as anybody out there, still left.

I'm not picking on any sponsor. I used Marlboro as an example of a sponsor that does indeed support motorsports. They have every right to. Just as Michael Jordan has every right to sponsor motorsports via his JumpMan company.

Neither company is in the business of making cars or bikes or anything else related to them. Doesn't matter. They are involved in racing via their sponsorship and that gives them the valid right to display their logos on the machines they promote. If we don't object to Marlboro, why should we object to JumpMan?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.