Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Mj: stick to basketball

4965 Views 53 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  m1a1dvr
G
Is anyone else completely disgusted and annoyed with Mj jumping over to superbike racing? i saw the leathers when i was watching daytona...i was like atleast make a new label...how does his insignia relate to motorcycles...im sorry i respect him as the best basketball player of all time...seems like a great guy...but it really errks me that hes into bikes...it doesnt seem genuine...anyone else feel this too?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
377 Posts
I thinks MJ involvement in AMA is going to be good thing. Its obvious he only gets involved in things he truly loves... AMA is in a state of chaos. AMA has to many internal politics. An outsider like MJ can only have a positive impact. I truly think he can sell the AMA superbike probably better than the AMA organization. AMA needs somebody to shake things up....

· Registered
377 Posts
yeah, MJ in the sport is going to bring big time visibility to AMA... MJ and his team is probably the best marketting AMA is going to get (besides Ducati winning).

He has always loved bikes and his father bought him a dirt bike when he was young (as the story goes). He has always admired motorcycles from afar, but due to his basketball contract, he was not allowed to RIDE!!!

Its a very interesting story on how he got involved in racing- mainly through meeting Montez Stewart in the streets of chicago.... Its too bad they had to let Monetz Stewart go, I was really hoping a guy that has a passion for motorcycle racer and came off the streets be competitive within a few years in superstock with a sponsered team.

Who on this board would'nt want to race for MJ motorsports and take our shot at the pros!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.