Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Mj: stick to basketball

4962 Views 53 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  m1a1dvr
G
Is anyone else completely disgusted and annoyed with Mj jumping over to superbike racing? i saw the leathers when i was watching daytona...i was like atleast make a new label...how does his insignia relate to motorcycles...im sorry i respect him as the best basketball player of all time...seems like a great guy...but it really errks me that hes into bikes...it doesnt seem genuine...anyone else feel this too?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,687 Posts
eljeffe said:
Geez, man! It's not like he's racing himself. It's a race TEAM.
I bet you if he was younger he'd be racing!...or at least trying!

I think with the time he has invested as well as the money..it is pretty well known that this is not a fly by night press stunt or some flash in the pan fleeting interest....he has put some energy into learning how to ride and understands the feedback that he gets from his team because he has taken an on hands approach to the whole deal...I am very impressed with how he has handled the whole spotlight in this endevour...though I was a bit disturbed when I saw the video of him riding the Ducati GP bike a couple years ago and how he was riding it....it was like it was a little 50cc mini pit bike under him and it looked like he was doing some sort of ceremonial parade lapping...but in the same vid...I loved the priceless look on his face after a turned a lap or few with Rossi behind the wheel in a BMW car!....either way....I do hope that he more pubicly reaches out to the youth interest in the sport and in motorcycling in general and gets them to smarten up some and raise a few eyebrows of attention for our benefit for those not involved in motorcycling in general...good publicity leads to good awareness and can have nothing but a positive effect down the road for all!

· Registered
1,687 Posts
thisnjducquacks said:
haha no for real tho im 20 and Mj did not get me into racing at all, i understand noone agrees but i was surprised noone saw my point...
so what was your point?

thisnjducquacks said:
Is anyone else completely disgusted and annoyed with Mj jumping over to superbike racing? i saw the leathers when i was watching daytona...i was like atleast make a new label...how does his insignia relate to motorcycles...im sorry i respect him as the best basketball player of all time...seems like a great guy...but it really errks me that hes into bikes...it doesnt seem genuine...anyone else feel this too?
as I see it...you don't like a basketball logo associated into motorcycle racing but that is his trademark....do you expect any sponsor to change their logo for using into another realm?....

he didn't just jump into it....he doesn't just jump into anything he does...look at Micheal's track record for any endeavour he has taken akin to...he is methodical and well thought into anything he seemingly gets himself into...very deliberate...he is a smart businessman because he is not just some dumb jock...he has a good head on his shoulders and has done well because of it!

yeah...the leathers look kinda tacky in a way...like something that Versace' or Yves Saint Laurant would do in a way...but there was a story behind that pattern that is on his leathers...I believe and I am not sure on this...that it is from some childrens benefit that he let them draw or design.

does it urk you that Jay Leno is into bikes?...or Tom Cruise?...or Ewan MacGregor?....or Neil Peart?...or Lyle Lovett?....or any other celebrity from another realm can share the same passion as you with the ideals of motorcycling?....MJ has had this passion for along time...it wasn't a spontanious thing....so how does it seem ingenuous or fake?

· Registered
1,687 Posts
thisnjducquacks said:
:) crap i wrote a really long reply and it got deleted

as i said and continue to say i get your points...but when ur at the NY bike show and u see mjs stand next to all the local stunter crews from newark and other stunting stands...it shows u its about making money..marketing to a different crowd...i agree any publicity is prolly good for ama at this point...but i dunno lotta my buddies said the same( all of which are races as i said before excluding two) just an oppinion dont hate! haha
tell me who doesn't have a business endevour that isn't about making money?....

and as far as his booth being anywhere at any show...the people that control placement is the convention center folks or whomever hosts the show mostly...has very little to do with associating with this group or that...or who his booth is next to or not.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
thisnjducquacks said:
valentino if he joined the pga...
NOW THERE'S AN IDEA!....Hmmm....Tiger Woods partnered with Valentino Rossi VS. Phil Mickelson and Micheal Jordan....HA!

BTW....since you say you are a futball fan...Manchester United Rule!...Oi Oi!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.