Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Mj: stick to basketball

4962 Views 53 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  m1a1dvr
G
Is anyone else completely disgusted and annoyed with Mj jumping over to superbike racing? i saw the leathers when i was watching daytona...i was like atleast make a new label...how does his insignia relate to motorcycles...im sorry i respect him as the best basketball player of all time...seems like a great guy...but it really errks me that hes into bikes...it doesnt seem genuine...anyone else feel this too?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
389 Posts
thisnjducquacks said:
Is anyone else completely disgusted and annoyed with Mj jumping over to superbike racing? i saw the leathers when i was watching daytona...i was like atleast make a new label...how does his insignia relate to motorcycles...im sorry i respect him as the best basketball player of all time...seems like a great guy...but it really errks me that hes into bikes...it doesnt seem genuine...anyone else feel this too?
I couldn't disagree with you more. His interest is 100% genuine. The man rides a Ducati for pete's sake. Well, at least he was riding a Duc. His team's deal with Suzuki might restrict brands now for all I know... He has publicly said numerous times that he is hooked on motorcycle racing. He has attended numerous MotoGP events and is personally quite involved with his AMA team's efforts. He even plugged his moto-addiction on the friggin' Oprah show! You can't buy that kind of publicity gold. That kind of outside-the-motorcycle-industry involvement is EXACTLY what the AMA needs. And he's put together a fairly competitive satelite/privateer effort on top of it. Certainly no small feat, especially for a team so new. And that's (arguably) more than just money at work. Look at the lack of the Foggy Petronas Team's competitiveness in WSBK despite their big budget and high profile industry insider names. I say cheers to MJ for proving why he is such a winner in everything he does. No better class act out there, IMO. And Mike, if you're reading this, I'd ride with you any time! :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.