Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

You can see in the top shot that everything is now tucked under the seat.

Cool thing that they don't list in their advert is the three stage DB killer setup. You can choose mild, nice rumble, and WFO :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I already have the DP ECU and air filter installed and only had time for a short shakedown ride before the sky opened up, but with the 2nd stage baffle installed it feels just like the open Termi's but with a MUCH better tone and about half the vollume. The restricted Termi's, even after I made a set of modified DB killers, just never felt right to me and running full open already earned me a warning from the local constabulary. I am really happy with the Suono's, just what I was hoping for :yeah:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

No..the GP models have the standard all or nothing DB killers.

From what I have heard on other twins the GP cans have a higher pitch and are louder in general than the Suono. The online video clips are crap or I would post them.

Here is a link to the GP schematic: http://www.mivv.it/risorse/5/581/762/D023_GP_SCHEMATIC.pdf

They should be available now from any Mivv dealer. I placed a pre-production order for the CF and waited three months for mine. They are also available in SS and Ti.

Edit: you can hear a little better on the YouTube video, they don't break up as much as those on the Mivv site.

Suono: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePbrLTKGkF4

GP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHbRTCL2liw&feature=related

Both have the full DB killers installed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
those look great, nice choice. I like the matte carbon look with the matte black. Wish I knew how they performed with a stock ECU.

·
Registered
138 Posts

No..the GP models have the standard all or nothing DB killers.
Thanks. I had Termis on my M696. The DB killers made it sound like stock, without them sounded awesome but was a bit too much for my neighborhood at 5:30AM. Something in between for my M1100 would be perfect.

I'd also like to know how they perform with the stock ECU...

·
Registered
312 Posts
db killers

How easy are they to remove/put in?

Termi easy? -> Just a bolt and nut on the bottom?

Or is a pair of pliers necessary?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Spencers696

I bought a pair of these for my 796, they are great but a little too loud for my liking (uncommon viewpoint I know).

I notice that you got the full carbon versions, as I did. However mine only have what appears to be a two-stage db killer system. The initial part that is removed with an allen key is not there on mine. I emailed the distributor and they said the carbon versions don't come with the narrower three-stage db setup, as the extra pressure would damage the carbon sleeve.

Have you noticed any problems with yours? Do you know why yours came with the three-stage setup?

I'm looking at buying the extra piece to make mine more mild but thought I'd check here first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts