Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spotted these for the SF in either carbon or Ti.

Better than the Zards ones hands down, but cant help thinking mine are better;)

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Bon Vivant
10,916 Posts
Personally I don't think they are any better than the Zards or the Akro or anybody else
who sticks a pair of mufflers on the stock pipes and wants to charge a ridiculous amount of money.

So far the only ones worth having are the Blackie DIY at $200

When someone comes out with a full system that opens up the rear wheel I'll take notice.
Until then the Termis are the best non-DIY option.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Personally I don't think they are any better than the Zards or the Akro or anybody else
who sticks a pair of mufflers on the stock pipes and wants to charge a ridiculous amount of money.

So far the only ones worth having are the Blackie DIY at $200

When someone comes out with a full system that opens up the rear wheel I'll take notice.
Until then the Termis are the best non-DIY option.
Yeh,I agree,they are all extortionately priced.:eek:
I didn't say better than the ZARDS,I said Better looking,IMHO.:eek:

That's one downside to owning a Ducati,the suppliers out there just assume you're gonna pay twice as much for everything!:mad:

I also agree that the Termis are the current best looking;),maybe we should have a Poll????:confused:

·
Registered
80 Posts
[/url][/IMG]

Poor quality phone photo sorry. Had these for a while and got round to fitting them today. Bargain buy off Ebay, paid less that £200 I think. Anyway fitting was a pain as the hanging straps didn't seem to reach the exhaust hangar. After some fiddling I got them on though. 2 things not quite happy about though; first the strap partially covers the Mivv badge on the bottom can which shouldn't even be there according to factory photos and second the previous owner lost the retainer springs and cut the pipe off the baffles. Idiot!

Anyway they are on now and tomorrow I shall take her out and hear her sing!

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Can you please report back on how they sound? I'm really considering purchasing these for my SFS. I'm planning on using them without the DB killers so I would really like to know how they sound without them. I don't mind them being loud. I would really prefer them to be on the nasty loud side. I do know they are fairly quiet with the DB killers installed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
They sound good and really loud. I'm not sure how quiet they will be with proper db killers in as mine had been chopped by the previous owner. I have ordered replacements today as I blew one of the db killers out when the bolt vibrated out. Wondered why it was running rough! Will see if I can put something on You Tube next week to give a better idea. I have uploaded better photos in the Streetfighter photos thread.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Thanks. I think I may pull the trigger on these. I like the look of the small round GP cans and the old school exhaust outlets. I'm not sure if I want carbon fiber or titanium. I think I may go with titanium. I will take a look at the other pictures you posted.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I downloaded a noise metre app on my iPhone and took some readings from a metre behind the bike at tick over, with and without the baffles. The readings are surprisingly close. Baffles in was 82db and baffles out was 86db. In my opinion baffles out was much louder but those were the readings. I had help to take a reading with baffles out at 3000rpm which was only 90db. Probably not too loud for gently slipping on and off your driveway. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try this at higher revs!

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Thanks for all of your efforts with the Mivv exhaust cans. Just so you know the iPhone DB meter apps have been tested to be inaccurate. I have a couple of them on my phone as well. The iPhone mic is not really calibrated. My other hobby is home theater and music systems. On occasion I do some sound calibration. Usually on my own systems in my home but on occasion I do some audio calibration for people I know. I have a hand held SPL meter just for this. I have tested the phone apps against the real SPL meter and the phone apps are off. The SPL phone apps are really just for fun.

I think I'm going to order my Mivv exhaust cans in a couple of weeks. I think I'm going to go with titanium. I've had a lot of carbon fiber so I think I'm going to try something different. What is your opinion of the build quality of the Mivv cans? I have read that the build quality is good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would say the build quality is as good as the Termis I had on my old 748. Well put together, solid feel and nice finish. I have never been happy with aftermarket exhaust hanger straps but these are probably better than most. I found that attaching the top and bottoms of the straps first allowed me to check alignment before fitting the centre bolt. Just keep an eye on the rubber so that they stay on the strap. If there is a Mivv badge on each can you won't be able to avoid running the strap over the bottom one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts