Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed shortly after my first service, that my bike is missing the spring between stock pipes, and the silencers... It may never have been there, but only noticed it after the service.

Looks like the exhaust mount itself should hold exhaust in place... just dont know how necessary the spring is.

Should I just get any ol spring and throw it on there?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
If you're talking about the one below the footpeg, I'm on my 3rd one...I noticed the last two missing after the bike was in for service, and each time the tech swears the spring was missing when I brought the bike in...:confused:

·
A 748 Fanatic
3,155 Posts
Exhaust Springs

I've lost a couple on my 748's and when I had both exhaust system off and got some new springs and measured them all I found 3 different lengths so now when I install them I try to pick the one that fits the best. Those tabs on the pipes are not all uniform so one fits well in one location and not in another. Now I lose no springs.

These bikes are truly hand crafted.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
I think I have several extra of those springs laying around the garage. Let me know if you want one...I'll just mail ya a freebie.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's very nice of FlyingQ to offer one up. My dealer is over an hour away so when I broke one I just ordered one from Pandora's. They aren't cheap either - something like $15 if I remember right. Mine just wore through eventually. You could actually see how the slight movements and vibrations in the exhaust over time eventually caused the cleat on the exhaust to just file right through the crook in the spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts