Andea
Randy
Loris

Rossi wears a donkey helmet for "being one" at Indy

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
De Angelis punts the Americans, leaving the battle for 4th wide open. Otherwise Rossi resumes normal service. There was mention of Rossi being unhappy with Yamaha's deal with Lorenzo - citing Italian and Spanish papers that said Rossi would leave after 2010.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Yea, sucks for Hayden and Edwards. I do understand, De Angelis is riding for a job and has to produce some results, but I am sure that isn't what he had in mind. Over at Superbikeplanet, Julian Ryder had mentioned that Ducati were looking at De Angelis for a satellite ride (based on Spanish and Italian press) but that may have evaporated after this weekend. I certainly think that De Angelis deserves a satellite seat somewhere so it will be interesting to see where he lands.

Quote of the year has to go to Edwards though...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Edwards is always good for a quote or 2. This one was particularly funny.
I had not heard that little tidbit about Rossi being upset about how Yamaha was treating Lorenzo. Anyone got any more dirt on that one? I dont think the great one likes having a team mate that can beat him on a regular basis.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I've seen the rumors a few places around the net but nothing of substance yet.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Valentino Rossi reasserted himself at the top of the leader board by convincingly beating his younger team-mate, Jorge Lorenzo, by 2.4 seconds during the San Marino MotoGP at Misano after besting him in every practice and qualifying session. Lorenzo finished second to trail Rossi by 30 points in the championship whilst Dani Pedrosa took the final spot on the podium. It was a mixed day for Ducati fans with newly re-signed Nicky Hayden knocked off on the first corner of the first lap whilst Mika Kallio finished a creditable 7th. Details here

·
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wasn't Nicky knocked off there before and the also missed a year because of an MX accident. Certainly must be his worst luck race track.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts