Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a good set or replacement mirrors for a 1999 ST2 but i have had a lot of trouble finding them. Anyone know how makes a good pair or a website with some on them. Any help would be graetly appreciated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i have not found any, i am in the process of custom fitting a set of 996 mirrors but that seems like it may be more trouble than it is worth

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I've heard of some BMW mirrors that bolt right on, stick up and out a little more, and are actually better than just looking at your shoulders....or elbows. I don't know what series of BMW, but I saw a picture, somewhere on the net, of a 1998-2002 STx with them on it. I was looking into them at one time.....several years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in a similar situation, and after a good bit of looking around, purchased a pair of worthless $35 bar-end napolean-style mirrors off of ebay. They look descent mounted on my ST3, but the vibration causes images to be almost imperceptable; they shift pretty easily at high speeds; the mirrors themselves are appear to bend, causing a lot of distortion.

I just ordered CRG bar end mirrors from this ducati parts dealer:

http://www.shop.bevelheaven.com/

CRG's are supposed to be the nicest bar end mirrors; very pricey ($160), but seem to get consistently good reviews. i also saw an ST somewhere in the yahoo ST2 owner's group gallery who had the BMW mirrors; if I remember correctly, they were ~$360 for a pair

i'll try to report back after they're installed.

regards,
Luke

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Hey DucatiST2Rider.......is that a rear seat cowling on the back of your ST2? Where'd ya get yours? Got any more pictures of it and the paint scheme you have on your bike?

Mine:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Desmo_Demon said:
Hey DucatiST2Rider.......is that a rear seat cowling on the back of your ST2? Where'd ya get yours? Got any more pictures of it and the paint scheme you have on your bike?

Mine:
hey man, your bike looks cool, not many people modify the ST's.

I honeslty have no idea what brand that thing is, i got it on Ebay for 135. I dont think it is the DP one and if so it has been painted. I thought it might have been that one euro cycle place but i think they were sold. my bike is pretty much stock red with some accents, powder coated wheels, smoothed and painted undertail. here is some more pics of that cowl

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
ST4s Fork Height

Hay guys, I'm looking for some technical support, and there is no better group of the web for this!

I sent my forks out to be resprung and revalved, ride was harsh and non-compliant. Any how, on reinstallation, I had to pull the front fender off to remove the bike from the pit bull stand (didn't have to do this with the stock forks). So the new forks are sitting lower when the bike is off the stand. This strikes me as a bit odd.

So here are the numbers: called Dave at GP and was told that the measurement from the center of the front axel to the top of the lower triple clamp was supposed to be 500 mm (20 in for us non-metric folks). So I measure mine and the measurement is 463.25 mm.

So my question is, does this sound right to you guys? Have the front end droped by 36.75 mm (over an inch!)

If one of you would be so kind as to measure your 04 ST4s from the center of the axel to the top of the lower triple clamp, I would be greatly appreciative. My 04 has 2400 mi., as i suppose some sag with age/mi is normal, however, just trying to figure out if I am supposed to be close to 500 mm or 475mm.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
DucatiST2Rider said:
I thought it might have been that one euro cycle place but i think they were sold.
I like the graphics on your cowling. I just slapped a Ducati Corse shield on each side of my cowling. Yours looks like mine, which I bought from European Cycle Specialities in California, but, as you mentioned, they are no longer in business. Mine just slips over the stock seat with four small tabs that are molded into the underside. I think it makes the ST look a bit sportier, especailly with my lowered bars and shorter than stock windshield.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Desmo_Demon said:
I like the graphics on your cowling. I just slapped a Ducati Corse shield on each side of my cowling. Yours looks like mine, which I bought from European Cycle Specialities in California, but, as you mentioned, they are no longer in business. Mine just slips over the stock seat with four small tabs that are molded into the underside. I think it makes the ST look a bit sportier, especailly with my lowered bars and shorter than stock windshield.
yup that is the one, slips right over the seat. how did you lower the bars? i have the cycle cat triple tree clamp and bar riser system and rear sets

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
ducatidave said:
I found some seat cowls here at this site, its part numbers 40-0220 and 40-0221
http://www.ducatipartsblowout.com/catalog/index.htm
That's the one, but you can't order it online, last I checked. European Cycle was bought out by Hahm Motorsports (go to www.europeancycle.com and you'll be redirected). I also was told that the old shop was keeping odd-ball hours, not everything is in stock, and they are just trying top get rid of the old inventory......but, yeah, that is the cowling.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
DucatiST2Rider said:
looks good dude, nice job, i was going to do that as well, but i went with the cycle cats and bought a GSX-R 1000
Thanks......the lower bars don't seem to effect long riding comfort, but I can definitely feel a difference when riding in the mountain twisties. For slower, more casual riding, I resort to the Harley.....for faster paced stuff, I go with the 748. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
CF Mirrors

Concerning aftermarket mirrors, DucatiST2Rider is right, the best ones I've found is http://www.oppracing.com/products.phpaction=show_images&id=718#image_2 at his suggestion. I just received them and I'm pretty impressed. They are fairly small, but you can actually adjust them however you want (which is more than I can say about the ST3 Stock mirrors). I would strongly suggest them if you want something you can see other than your shoulders. And they look cool too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you can post some pix that would be great. I bought a set last week but they haven't arrrived yet. Also, OPP had asked me to send them images after I mount them up so that they can post some pix on their site.
Thanks
Mark

1 - 20 of 24 Posts